moab fire?- Mtbr.com

Thread: moab fire?

Devil Mtn

moab fire?

How bad is the Moab fire? Is it affecting Porcupine rim or other trails? How's the air quality in Moab? Not familiar with the area so forgive me if I'm clueless on that ... was thinking of heading there tomorrow or Sunday.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I'm not out there so not completely sure, but the La Sal loop road is closed and I would assume much of the upper parts of Porc Rim (LPS, UPS) are not accessible. The fire is 3000+ acres right now, and maps of it's perimeter show it right up to the rim.

Gravity Tester
    So... who's been and how bad izzit? What suffered and is anything closed or unridable? How far down are we talking about being burned?

mtbr member
    I read an on-line article from a local paper that said all trails have reopened. Anybody been out on Porcupine, La Sal or other trails since the fire? Any reports? I'm heading out from Atlanta for my my 1st Maob trip on Thursday and news of this fire has me gripping bad! Thanks!

More Chasmism
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan 9
    I read an on-line article from a local paper that said all trails have reopened. Anybody been out on Porcupine, La Sal or other trails since the fire? Any reports? I'm heading out from Atlanta for my my 1st Maob trip on Thursday and news of this fire has me gripping bad! Thanks!
    Everything is fine. The one exception would be if you wanted to ride the (rather obscure) trail from Miner's Basin through to Bachelor Basin. Absolutely nothing in the desert around Moab was anywhere near the fire.

Porcupine and all of the elements of Burro to Town are fine.

hfly

Gravity Tester
    Thank you sir. This is the news I'm sure all interested riders had hoped to hear.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangeruss
    Thank you sir. This is the news I'm sure all interested riders had hoped to hear.
    +1 and thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0