Moab Feb 26 - March 6- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Moab Feb 26 - March 6

Just thought I'd see if any other mtbr's would be in moab over this time. I'm coming through solo to visit some grad schools along with mixing in some moab riding. Thinking about doing a couple days of the skinny tire festival along with the usual mountain biking. I'll have to try and stay out of the ER this time though.

Hopefully there will be some camping left, might just miss the big spring break rush, and hopefully be there early enough in the week to miss most of those coming in for the skinny tire.

Laters

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    i'll be there the 1st - 6th. probably hit up slickrock, amassa/rockstacker/amassa singletrack, sovereign, porc rim from as high up is doable, moab rim, goldbar/portal, maybe a little bartlett wash if it's not too windy. usually hit up either two medium sized rides in a day, or one big long one.

though my normally camping out on sandflats self is being a lame ass this trip.

i got a hotel room. super-8 on main st. after paying for that though, i'll be too poor to dine out, so it's the coleman two-burner in the room. yep, i'll have it next to the open windows.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Going to miss you by a week... we will be there the following Thurs-Sun.

Good luck with the Grad School search! I saw you were also peeking at the Logan thread. USU is kinda fun. After a few years in Seattle and Los Angeles I am back in Utah living right down the street from UU in Salt Lake City. I have been up to the school a few times and it has a great vibe. Don't know what your dept. is, but you might want to check it out if you are also considering USU.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by ToddM
    Just thought I'd see if any other mtbr's would be in moab over this time. I'm coming through solo to visit some grad schools along with mixing in some moab riding. Thinking about doing a couple days of the skinny tire festival along with the usual mountain biking. I'll have to try and stay out of the ER this time though.

Hopefully there will be some camping left, might just miss the big spring break rush, and hopefully be there early enough in the week to miss most of those coming in for the skinny tire.

Laters

on my 3rd wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddM
    Just thought I'd see if any other mtbr's would be in moab over this time. I'm coming through solo to visit some grad schools along with mixing in some moab riding.
    I might be out there from 2/28-3/2 (Wed-Fri). Will see. I will pm you with my contact info.
    sth

Members who have read this thread: 0