Moab during thanksgiving?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Moab during thanksgiving?

Gang,
    How is the weather in moab during November? I was thinking about riding it during thanksgiving. Is Moab crowded in November? What about the camping seen? Could I find a spot then?

Thanks - cheers,
    Monte

...a wiggle theres a way
    well check out Www.weather.com area code 84532 and do a month long view and go to november generally its in the 50 degree range so cool enough to warrant some good cool riding gear, and at night it gets more chilly so you'd want to have a good tent, good heater, and a good sleeping bag (or a couple of labadors they generate so much heat its amazing)

anyways here is a direct link to moab on weather click the next month and you should be good finding a spot to camp should not be a problem (it is during easter jeep safari though)
    http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/84532?month=1

lates
    joe

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Thanksgiving

As mentioned, it will be cold in the AM - like in the 20F range if it is clear. It can be windy then, too.

Camping will be no problem, but hotels in the last few years have been pretty full at Thanksgiving. A lot of SLC and Front Rangers make the trip. If you like backcountry boarding/skiing, there sometimes is enough snow in the La Sals to get in some snow play.

Some of the higher trails like Porcupine can have some snow on them by then, but the odds are good you'll be OK.

I rode White Rim at Thanksgiving one year, and it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by montejr
    Gang,
    How is the weather in moab during November? I was thinking about riding it during thanksgiving. Is Moab crowded in November? What about the camping seen? Could I find a spot then?

Thanks - cheers,
    Monte
    '

Members who have read this thread: 0