Moab is Dry, Warm, and Wonderful- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Moab is Dry, Warm, and Wonderful

Weather has been great in Moab, and most trails are dry and in excellent shape. Out 4 times last week, Slickrock, Sovereign, Poison Spider, and ended the year with a long ride up the Blue Dot, across Gold Bar Rim singletrack, out on to Poison Spider, and back.

Moab is at it's best in the winter, but don't tell anyone. If any other locals see this post I'll probably be flogged. To encounter any other riders is the exception, and the white snow on the red rocks and the snow covered Lasals - breathtaking. zzsean, surprised our paths haven't crossed out on the trails. If you encounter a "fossil fart" riding a Marin Attack Trail with a Maverick Fork - that's me. Better yet, PM me and lets hook up for a ride.

mtbr member

Smile Amen to that!

Two winters ago, I determined to ride all winter and I made one trip a month to Moab from Steamboat and I echo your sentiments about Moab in the winter - beautiful!

Hooked up with a local - born in Moab and been riding since he was old enough to walk - and he took me on some epic rides, including Pritchett Canyon, Gold Bar Rim to Portal, and the extension of Amasa Back and then down the singletrack in 3" of hoarfrost to the river and across the "pipe" which was just barely above the water/ice line.

Amazing time of year to be in Moab - no crowds, cheap motel rooms, and the locals are out riding!
    The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tail instead of their tongues.

Members who have read this thread: 0