mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Moab Downhill/Enduro Trails

Recently spent a super fun weekend in Moab after a 20 year hiatus. Remindered though, that as much as the big shuttle epics are hyped, it's really more of a downward-trending-cross-country-trail kind of place.

I'm fully expecting a metric sh1t ton of hate in response to my query, but am genuinely wondering if there are more enduro style trails out there. Rowdy downhills that last. Like Porcupine Rim without the 7 miles of climbing and up-down-up-down before you get to the goods.

Salutations.
    Knolly Chilcotin
    Knolly Warden
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Recently spent a super fun weekend in Moab after a 20 year hiatus. Remindered though, that as much as the big shuttle epics are hyped, it's really more of a downward-trending-cross-country-trail kind of place.

I'm fully expecting a metric sh1t ton of hate in response to my query, but am genuinely wondering if there are more enduro style trails out there. Rowdy downhills that last. Like Porcupine Rim without the 7 miles of climbing and up-down-up-down before you get to the goods.

Salutations.
    By enduro style trail you mean something that you mostly ride downhill? Most enduros you have to pedal up a climb on the transfers. Anyhoo, there's some ripping sustained descents just to the south in the Abajos. Not too far from Moab near Grand Junction is the proposed Palisade Plunge. 6000' down from the top of Grand Mesa. https://eplanning.blm.gov/epl-front-...ing_Routes.pdf

They've got it going on in St. George as well. DOWNHILL FLOW TRAIL COMING TO SAINT GEORGE AREA. | Dixie Mountain Bike Trails Association

It's hard to find big shuttle epics in the canyonlands of southern Utah. Generally there's not that much elevation change to play with. And a multitude of other user groups and resource concerns to consider to just propose and build one.

mtbr member
    Get in shape and stop being such a puss? Outside LaSals Moab doesn't really have much elevation, sort of like StG and Sedona. It is what it is, love it or leave it really. Lots of big descents over in SW CO.

There are some good descents like Hells Canyon in the LaSals but they are not that long and a lot of work to get to/from.