moab conditions- Mtbr.com

Thread: moab conditions

i drink shower water

moab conditions

It started dumping here in Gunnison Colorado today so I am 100% certain I am going to Moab this weekend if the conditions are good. Has it snowed there at all? What is slickrock, soveriegn, amasa etc like? Its a 4hr drive so its not that bad, plus i want to ride incredibly bad so as long as its above 20degrees i dont care!

let me know im looking at driving out tomorrow at noon. thanks

hab1b
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

More Chasmism
    Quote Originally Posted by hab1b
    It started dumping here in Gunnison Colorado today so I am 100% certain I am going to Moab this weekend if the conditions are good. Has it snowed there at all? What is slickrock, soveriegn, amasa etc like? Its a 4hr drive so its not that bad, plus i want to ride incredibly bad so as long as its above 20degrees i dont care!

let me know im looking at driving out tomorrow at noon. thanks

hab1b
    Until this evening conditions were perfect. We got a dusting of snow this evening over the course of a thirty minute shower -- less than 1/2 " that should be mostly cleared off in the next few days. The sky clear now as it will be this weekend. I imagine Amasa will be fine tomorrow, as well as the usual SW exposure trails (Gold Bar, etc.)

Hope that helps.

hfly

Oct 2005
    I'm thinking the same thing..Colorado has been dumped on this winter and if I don't go for a real ride here soon I'm going to bust. I spoke to a guy at poison spider and he said the same thing about the dusting..since it's cold it won't melt to fast but Sunday will be at least 50 with sun so that sounds pretty good to me.
    Sounds like Slick Rock will fer sure be riding as it's so exposed. Soverign may have snow in the north facing spots though, but it doesn't sound like they got much so you could probably ride through or over it.
    woohooo

mtbr member
    May 2006

Lookin Good

Another blue bird day in Moab with breathtaking views. Sometimes it is hard to ride when the scenery is so spectacular, but I did do Sovereign this afternoon and the trail is clear other than the 2 north facing hills. From afar looks like slickrock is probably good to go. Saw some people driving down from slickrock with bikes on their vehicles and they were smiling. It just doesn't get any better than this.

i drink shower water
    todayw as insanely nice in moab. me and my buddy were the only ones of the trails. we rode in jeans and jersey's. absolutly perfect. We hit slickrock in the morning and then rode chilis at about 1pm. such a fun day. i am jealous of all who live in Moab. now im back in cold snowy gunnison colorado.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Anyone ride Porcupine Rim?

I am thinking about heading back out (went out over Jan27-28), has anyone been up to Porc. Rim. Really hoping to get a good long day in and ride from town

Thanks

Oct 2005
    Porky is closed, too much snow and ice unless you're prepared to ride through and over that kinda stuff, but Soverign is riding good and if you're looking for a longer ride try Amasa with all the singletrack off of it up top.
    We were there this past weekend and it was perfect, so nice to see the ground again.
    We were in shorts and long sleeves..Slick Rock was awesome, noone around really..
    Nows the time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

singletrack on top of amasa back

where does it begin, don't get to moab too much so I do not know the "inside line"

Thanks

Oct 2005
    Amasa Back starts on Cane Creek road, down by the McDonalds. It begins as a dirt jeep road and climbs out of the canyon. Stop in at Poison Spider bike shop (main street) and the guys there will give you the skinny on the ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

sorry for the confusion

I know where amasa back is, in fact we hit it up two weekends ago, linked it up to moab rim and hidden valley--I was curious where the singletrack part is, it seems like it is plenty wide-looking for some local beta

Oct 2005
    It's hard to explain, I think your best bet is to stop by Posion Spider and have one of the local guys there show you on the map they have.
    That way you'll have a visual.
    Good luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0