Moab on the CHEAP- Mtbr.com
    banned
    Mar 2010

Moab on the CHEAP

First off is there such a thing?

Planning my first trip out there, well maybe! Are there any lodging that is under $100 a night?

Camping is unfortunately not an option for me on this trip....future trips defiantly.

Any ideas on how to stay for 3 days in Mob on the cheap would be awesome!

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Ride and Smile
    Call the Lazy Lizard. Reserve a cabin, room, bed, whatever. The only thing cheaper is the free camping and couch surfing. Beds are about $12 a night. Rooms about $25. Cabins about $30.
    It's kinda dumpy, but has a nice vibe. I started using it when they took out all the close in free camping. I like it a lot, but my standards are often very lax.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Are carbins at campgrounds out too?

Gernerally you can get one for $30-$50 per night.
    You have to share the bath facilities with campers but you can't beat the prices.

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail-Shredder
    First off is there such a thing?

Planning my first trip out there, well maybe! Are there any lodging that is under $100 a night?

Camping is unfortunately not an option for me on this trip....future trips defiantly.

Any ideas on how to stay for 3 days in Mob on the cheap would be awesome!

Thanks
    I'd check with Motel 6, Bowen Motel, and Super 8 if you are set on a motel/hotel. Motel 6 will be well under $100, the others probably $90-100. I'd call and ask for their lowest rate and compare to their online rates.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

banned
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by axolotl
    Call the Lazy Lizard. Reserve a cabin, room, bed, whatever. The only thing cheaper is the free camping and couch surfing. Beds are about $12 a night. Rooms about $25. Cabins about $30.
    It's kinda dumpy, but has a nice vibe. I started using it when they took out all the close in free camping. I like it a lot, but my standards are often very lax.

Lazy Lizard looks awesome to me! So do the other Cabins from an above link. This is just what I was looking for, thanks!

I'd rather be biking...
    Become a Employee for a large Hotel chain, Got my $190 a night room for less then 100 bucks at Canyonlandsinn.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Redstone Inn

$79/ nite w/AAA discount. Hot tub, bike wask/work area. Nice place across from the brewery....

mtbr member
    May 2010
    +1 for the lizard if you like the commune, hostel vibe. be prepared for the possibility only partially working showers. it isn't the ramada but you can meet some cool people there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Beware, cheapness in a motel can lead to wishing you would've just ruffed it ie. "camped"
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

Members who have read this thread: 0