Moab on the CHEAP

Printable View

• 05-07-2010
    Trail-Shredder
    Moab on the CHEAP
    First off is there such a thing?

Planning my first trip out there, well maybe! Are there any lodging that is under $100 a night?

Camping is unfortunately not an option for me on this trip....future trips defiantly.

Any ideas on how to stay for 3 days in Mob on the cheap would be awesome!

Thanks
  • 05-07-2010
    ClintChild
  • 05-07-2010
    axolotl
    Call the Lazy Lizard. Reserve a cabin, room, bed, whatever. The only thing cheaper is the free camping and couch surfing. Beds are about $12 a night. Rooms about $25. Cabins about $30.
    It's kinda dumpy, but has a nice vibe. I started using it when they took out all the close in free camping. I like it a lot, but my standards are often very lax.
  • 05-07-2010
    Socraytes
    Are carbins at campgrounds out too?

Gernerally you can get one for $30-$50 per night.
    You have to share the bath facilities with campers but you can't beat the prices.
  • 05-07-2010
    catch22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Trail-Shredder
    First off is there such a thing?

Planning my first trip out there, well maybe! Are there any lodging that is under $100 a night?

Camping is unfortunately not an option for me on this trip....future trips defiantly.

Any ideas on how to stay for 3 days in Mob on the cheap would be awesome!

Thanks

I'd check with Motel 6, Bowen Motel, and Super 8 if you are set on a motel/hotel. Motel 6 will be well under $100, the others probably $90-100. I'd call and ask for their lowest rate and compare to their online rates.
  • 05-07-2010
    Trail-Shredder
    Quote:

Originally Posted by axolotl
    Call the Lazy Lizard. Reserve a cabin, room, bed, whatever. The only thing cheaper is the free camping and couch surfing. Beds are about $12 a night. Rooms about $25. Cabins about $30.
    It's kinda dumpy, but has a nice vibe. I started using it when they took out all the close in free camping. I like it a lot, but my standards are often very lax.

Lazy Lizard looks awesome to me! So do the other Cabins from an above link. This is just what I was looking for, thanks!
  • 05-07-2010
    shelbster15
    Become a Employee for a large Hotel chain, Got my $190 a night room for less then 100 bucks at Canyonlandsinn.com ;)
  • 05-10-2010
    nzwyhun
    Redstone Inn
    $79/ nite w/AAA discount. Hot tub, bike wask/work area. Nice place across from the brewery....
  • 05-19-2010
    jacobm3
    +1 for the lizard if you like the commune, hostel vibe. be prepared for the possibility only partially working showers. it isn't the ramada but you can meet some cool people there.
  • 05-19-2010
    ilovemtnbiking
    Beware, cheapness in a motel can lead to wishing you would've just ruffed it ie. "camped"