Moab?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Moab?

mtbr member
    May 2008

Moab?

A friend of mine and myself are going to be driving from FL to Colorado, staying in the Vail Valley area and doing some biking. We have decided to take a 2 or 3 day trip to Moab as it is only about 4hours from us.

Basically we were thinking of learving around noon arriving at moab close to 4/430, and either hiking a bit / playing turist or maybe doing an afternoon short ride. Waking up early the next morning and riding till about 11 / 12 (we heard it gets too hot to ride after that). And leave that evening or maybe stay one more day depending how much we enjoyed it.

Basically we wanted to know what are some of the cheapest ways of getting a roof over our head for those nights? Motels, hotels, camping??
    www.garabaghi.com
    more photos
    www.tripxamerica.com
    Reviews by riders.

Hifi => Ex 9. Thank you warranty.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    check out the Lazy Lizard Youth Hostel (435)-259-6057 - $9 a night.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thats cheap!

We were looking for maybe a hotel or motel? we are ok with spending a lil bit of money...
    www.garabaghi.com
    more photos
    www.tripxamerica.com
    Reviews by riders.

Has skills-will travel
    Jun 2008
    I can be pretty lazy too, but when there is a sticky on Moab with the answer to your exact question, that is beyond lazy!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    dont worry ive been looking through it, and we have some ideas.... great sticky by the way. + it seems like their is only so many choices really... moab isnt all that big now is it
    www.garabaghi.com
    more photos
    www.tripxamerica.com
    Reviews by riders.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Maybe I just missed it but when (calendar-wise) are you gonna be in Moab? If it's July/August it's gonna be hot but, hey, you're from Florida. Let us know how the Moab heat compares to your Florida heat. I don't suggest camping.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    we will be in moab probably the 27 - 29th ... and in colorado from july 23 - aug 2nd

so yea we are expecting it to be hot...
    www.garabaghi.com
    more photos
    www.tripxamerica.com
    Reviews by riders.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpinD
    we will be in moab probably the 27 - 29th ... and in colorado from july 23 - aug 2nd

so yea we are expecting it to be hot...
    Man, if I was you I'd stay in the Colorado mountains the whole time. Go from Vail over to CB and ride for a week. Moab is great but I only go late September or mid-March. How often are you gonna be at 9000' in Colorado?

OTOH, Moab is only a coupla hours from Durango. Hmmmm.....
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Well we go to Colorado during the ski season, Im lucky to be friends with some people who have a place in edwards co. Looks like this summertime bike trip will become a yearly if not bi-yearly trip. We have a couple friends who live in the CO area and are dying to hit up Moab, so we figured why not, since ill be in colorado for 11days, if we take 3 to go to moab we will still be able to ride the vail valley a good bit.
    www.garabaghi.com
    more photos
    www.tripxamerica.com
    Reviews by riders.

Members who have read this thread: 0