Moab 29er rental- Mtbr.com
    Big Wheel Homer !!

Moab 29er rental

A few of us from N. Alabama are making the trip to Outerbike the first of Oct. and are thinking about renting bikes and doing the Whole Enchilada on Sunday. I've looked around online and I see the Poison Spider has some Pivot 29ers in their rental fleet but that's about it. Anyone know if any other shops have full suspension 29er rental that may not be listed on their website?

Although all I've ridden the last few years have been 29ers, looking at the ride reports and profile that my be a good opportunity to try a 6-7" travel bike

Thanks in advance for any info.

less clever than you
    May 2010

Moab Cyclery

Moab Cyclery has a Titus 29er listed on their website under rental bikes...

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Pretty sure Uranium is a Niner dealer as well, maybe give em a call.

JMH

mtbr member
    That ride is a must for a 6-7" bike. No way would I enjoy riding UPS/LPS and the lower rim on a clown bike. If you're going for an Epic XC ride in Moab, then I would suggest the clown bike.....er 29r, but for the Enchilada>> I want an 7" bike with a coil rear suspension.

Your Best Friend
    Uranium sells Turner, maybe they have a few Sultans for rent?

mtbr member
    May 2006

Rumblefish

Quote Originally Posted by cruzthepug
    A few of us from N. Alabama are making the trip to Outerbike the first of Oct. and are thinking about renting bikes and doing the Whole Enchilada on Sunday. I've looked around online and I see the Poison Spider has some Pivot 29ers in their rental fleet but that's about it. Anyone know if any other shops have full suspension 29er rental that may not be listed on their website?

Although all I've ridden the last few years have been 29ers, looking at the ride reports and profile that my be a good opportunity to try a 6-7" travel bike

Thanks in advance for any info.
    Poison Spider just added some 2011 Trek/Gary Fisher Rumblefish 29ers to their fleet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    2 years ago I rented a Rip 9 from Uranium. This year I went in March and he is no longer carrying Niners or any 29er for that matter. I rented a Pivot 429 from Poison Spider. If you rent a Large, You are probally getting the one I put about 130 mies on in 4 days. My thoughts.......great bike, but not Moab. I brought my dropper post along and put that on. Just not plush enough in the rear travel. Always wondered when I got the 4 inches. Needed 120mm fork and the rear shock revalved and maybe it would be better. I am a 29er guy all the way, but I would consider a Longer travel 26in based on the lack of 29er choices. mentioning the word 29er in Moab is like cursing someone out.

Rumble fish may be a viable option, but there is so many steep drop, etc, that a nice 29er with a 69 degeree head angle woud be sweet, or stick to the standard 67 head and 26in wheel that moab has come to know and love......just my thoughts.

Big Wheel Homer !!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbboy2000
    2 years ago I rented a Rip 9 from Uranium. This year I went in March and he is no longer carrying Niners or any 29er for that matter. I rented a Pivot 429 from Poison Spider. If you rent a Large, You are probally getting the one I put about 130 mies on in 4 days. My thoughts.......great bike, but not Moab. I brought my dropper post along and put that on. Just not plush enough in the rear travel. Always wondered when I got the 4 inches. Needed 120mm fork and the rear shock revalved and maybe it would be better. I am a 29er guy all the way, but I would consider a Longer travel 26in based on the lack of 29er choices. mentioning the word 29er in Moab is like cursing someone out.

Rumble fish may be a viable option, but there is so many steep drop, etc, that a nice 29er with a 69 degeree head angle woud be sweet, or stick to the standard 67 head and 26in wheel that moab has come to know and love......just my thoughts.
    Thanks for all the info. If I can find a Sultan to rent I would probably go that way just because that's what I ride. Maybe we can twist DT's arm into letting us take some Sultans from the Outerbike demo truck . If not I'm leaning toward the longer travel 26er. I did notice today that Moab Cyclery has added Tallboys and Titus Rockstars to their rentals, but the 100mm fork scares me.

Members who have read this thread: 0