missing woman- Canyon Lake- Mtbr.com
    life is a barrel o'fun

missing woman- Canyon Lake

While channel-surfing tonight, came across a report regarding a college student last seen taking off on her bike in Canyon Lake. Some speculation that it could've been a mountain lion attack, apparently she was a frequent biker in that park.

What's odd is that her debit card was used at a convenience store, and although the security cameras weren't working, I don't understand why they don't simply ask the cashier who was on duty- not sure if the purchase was made before/after she went missing.

Anyway the report was just on and it's a little disconcerting, hope she's okay.
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

They are organizing a voulnteer search

Meeting at 8am somewhere on byu's campus. I would like to go, but have to work. Just like everyone else I suppose
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

life is a barrel o'fun
    any luck? I'm surprised they haven't at least found her bike.
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Actually, they did. It was returned to the police by a couple of thieves. It was locked at the trailhead; it is a low end Schwinn. She liked to bike, but would not be considered an avid biker by mtbr standards. The clerk did not remember who made the purchase, and there were not any security cameras. It's unfortunate, and it seems to be more common in the Utah mountains every year.

life is a barrel o'fun
    Sorry to learn she didn't make it: http://news.aol.com/story/_a/officia...00010000000001

How strange that her debit card was used the day after she went missing, but before she died. Did the thief return the bike only after learning that it was hers? Still a mystery.

mtbr member
    The 2 kids that took the bike turned it in after learning that it was hers. It's a pretty good chance the fall was an accident based on all the family/friends that we interviewed over the past couple weeks, she didn't seem to have any reason to take her own life. She also had some donuts and juice in her pack as if she were planning on hiking for a bit.

Members who have read this thread: 0