Mill D run tomorrow (Sat. 8/11)- Mtbr.com
    Lev
    You Guys Riding?

Mill D run tomorrow (Sat. 8/11)

Hey all,

Anyone planning on doing a Mill D run tomorrow? I'm new to the area and would love to tag along if possible. Not really sure what the best route to go is. I hear some people shuttle, and I hear others ride the whole thing. I'm an all mountain rider and looking for similar people to head out with. PM me or respond here if anyone is up for a ride. Thanks

David

mtbr member
    Mill D/the Crest will be packed on a Saturday...I'd really suggest going on a weekday evening while there's still light. I'd be down if you went on Monday or something, but tomorrow has a high probability of being lame.

Maybe Sunday evening?
    It's just frustrating sometimes being an Athena...

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Thanks for the heads up. I would definitely be down for a week night evening. You think it would suck if I got up there by 8am tomorrow? Any takers?

Bored Carp
    Those trails are super popular for hiking, especially on the weekends. That is why we all shuttle in the evenings, on school-nights. A bell is good.

Sunday nights are awesome for Mill D shuttles.

C
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Sunday night mental note check. What makes a good sat. morning ride around here?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Sunday night mental note check. What makes a good sat. morning ride around here?
    If you have the bike for it, riding the lifts up at DV is all right. August is usually pretty sparse up there.

Also consider Solitude. The trails there are typically pretty deserted all the time.
    It's just frustrating sometimes being an Athena...

SMR
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I like Solitude on weekends. If you go there park in the 1st entrance you get to on your way up the canyon and go to the left side of the Moonbeam lodge. Right next to the Link chairlift is a post with a box on it that has trail maps. Grab one of those and head up Serenity to Kruzer and then back down. Repeat as required. Watch for hikers though at the top of Kruzer. Also, they lock the gate at 7:00PM so if you get there late in the day park along the road. Also keep an eye out for moose, I almost ran into one last night.

Fartographer

Sol-Bright

Quote Originally Posted by SMR
    I like Solitude on weekends. If you go there park in the 1st entrance you get to on your way up the canyon and go to the left side of the Moonbeam lodge. Right next to the Link chairlift is a post with a box on it that has trail maps. Grab one of those and head up Serenity to Kruzer and then back down. Repeat as required. Watch for hikers though at the top of Kruzer. Also, they lock the gate at 7:00PM so if you get there late in the day park along the road. Also keep an eye out for moose, I almost ran into one last night.
    I recommend riding up and then hiking all the way to the very top. Then make a left and go down Sol-Bright and link it up with Kruzer. That's a kick ass and most satisfying ride. If you're not tired after one loop (and I think you will be) then do a second Kruzer loop.
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

Members who have read this thread: 0