Mill D Conditions- Mtbr.com
    Lev
    You Guys Riding?

Mill D Conditions

OK, this is probably a completely stupid question. But, being fairly new to the area, I don't know what it's like up there this time of year. Has anyone been up to Mill D in the past week? I know they got dumped on up there a week or so ago, but I wasn't sure how the trail normally clears up after storms. Any input would be appreciated. Looking for a solid ride for tomorrow since the weather is finally supposed to be nice on Sat. for a change. Thanks for the input.

DL

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    OK, this is probably a completely stupid question. But, being fairly new to the area, I don't know what it's like up there this time of year. Has anyone been up to Mill D in the past week? I know they got dumped on up there a week or so ago, but I wasn't sure how the trail normally clears up after storms. Any input would be appreciated. Looking for a solid ride for tomorrow since the weather is finally supposed to be nice on Sat. for a change. Thanks for the input.

DL
    M and I were thinking of heading up there tomorrow, expecting some snow still. Not sure how much.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I skied Alta today and didn't hit any rocks, so I'm predicting lots of snow except in highly sunny areas.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler
    I skied Alta today and didn't hit any rocks, so I'm predicting lots of snow except in highly sunny areas.
    Hmm, yeah Alta has been buried in deep. We were up last Sunday and it was killer.

Could be "interesting" trying to ride Mill D. I guess we'll go scope it and be prepared to do something different if needed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Go out to Antelope Island - you should be able to ride all through winter (barring any major snow SLC gets).

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    How was it Err?

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler
    How was it Err?
    skipped it and rode Glenwild. Looked snowy up there.

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Err
    skipped it and rode Glenwild. Looked snowy up there.
    That's what Lev and I opted for last Saturday as well, was a bit chilly at 8am but it was well worth some cold digits for the all the tacky berms on the Bob's Basin stuff. We're discussing trying something in the Uintas this weekend but not sure if anything is rideable up there either.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

Fartographer
    I was wondering abou Mill D, myself. I was up at Alta yesterday (buying my pass) and it looked like the south-facing slopes were in pretty good shape. I was even thinking about riding from Albion Basin over the pass to Twin Lakes. But I don't want to go up to the Crest without a thumbs-up from someone who's done it.

Anyone?
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

Members who have read this thread: 0