Marathon Trail- Mtbr.com

Thread: Marathon Trail

Oct 2005

Marathon Trail

I was up at Navajo Lake last weekend, and saw a trailhead for the Marathon Trail, open to bikes. Has anyone done this?

It looks to be a point to point - is it possible to use the trail as part of a loop to hook up with other trails in the area?

NMBP
    I was one of the first to ride years ago when it was first built. The trail goes from Brianhead town up to Brianhead Peak trail head, down the Lowder Ponds trail. You follow Sydney Valley road out to the highway, cross the highway onto the Red Desert road. Take that most of the way over to Highway 14. There is some new single track that takes you to 14. There is a pole opening where it crosses 14. You then go into Deer Valley and climb a dirt road up to the ridge above Navajo. There is new single track that takes you down to Navajo Lake and comes at the West end trail head.

The trail is mostly connecting dirt roads and existing single track, very little new trail was added. It's a long ride 17 miles or so, I think, and not one of my favorites. I've ridden it twice, and don't plan to do it again, although any trail is better than no trail.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

Members who have read this thread: 0