Mag 7 ride anyone..........- Mtbr.com
    Thin Man on a Fat bike

Mag 7 ride anyone..........

I'm riding up Gemini Bridges tomorrow to the top of Mag 7 and then making a loop back to start if any one is interested in joining me. meet at the East side of the hwy 191 tunnel at 11:00 ( white Honda P/U)

boxcar
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM313 View Post
    I'm riding up Gemini Bridges tomorrow to the top of Mag 7 and then making a loop back to start if any one is interested in joining me. meet at the East side of the hwy 191 tunnel at 11:00 ( white Honda P/U)
    How was the ride?

looking to check this out Thursday (arrive in Moab late Wednesday) and heard it links up to portal so want to do that loop. Is where you parked the best place to park for this ride do you know?

Also, are there other new trails along with Mag 7? Mag 7 is the old blue dot??

Riding in Moab for three days if ya' still are around and want to ride...

Thin Man on a Fat bike
    Well the weather was perfect and the ride was great, I do this loop regularly because it is long, a good workout and I can do it solo. If you want to ride Portal also, starting from hwy 191 you will need to drop second car off on hwy 279 at the end of the Portal trail or ride a r e a l l y long loop and return up the bike path to your start, I would guess about 6 hours or more total. The loop I rode takes me about 2.5 hours but you could extend it by riding Little Canyon rim and still being able to return to your starting point.
    The "blue dot" is still technically closed. Mag 7 is a green dot, well marked.
    Im committed to watching the Packers play Thursday but free Fri/Sat. PM me if you want to meet for a ride

boxcar
    Well the weather was perfect and the ride was great, I do this loop regularly because it is long, a good workout and I can do it solo. If you want to ride Portal also, starting from hwy 191 you will need to drop second car off on hwy 279 at the end of the Portal trail or ride a r e a l l y long loop and return up the bike path to your start, I would guess about 6 hours or more total. The loop I rode takes me about 2.5 hours but you could extend it by riding Little Canyon rim and still being able to return to your starting point.
    Im committed to watching the Packers play Thursday but free Fri/Sat. PM me if you want to meet for a ride
    Awesome, thanks for the info.

banned
    Don't tell me they changed the YELLOW dots to GREEN dots? That would be so cool if that ever happened.

Thin Man on a Fat bike
    Must be those damn amber lenses on my glasses