Lost Canon Camera in Moab this weekend- Mtbr.com
    Orange Yeti 575

Lost Canon Camera in Moab this weekend

Hi All,

I lost a Canon PowerShot A490 point and shoot camera in a black and gray soft case Saturday April 2nd in Moab. I know it is a long shot but thought I would post up in case anyone found it. It is not an expensive camera at <$70 and while I'd like to have it back I really want the pictures of a great weekend.

I most likely lost it on the lower part of Porcupine Rim, early in Amasa Back, in front of Hampton Inn on the street, or on the left side of Poison Spider (from the street).

If you find it I would be so grateful if you could PM me. I've left my name and number at most of the bike shops in town in case someone brings it there. If there is a better way to find it I'd also love to hear other ideas. Thanks in advance.

Dan
    Last edited by Dan_AZ; 04-06-2011 at 11:49 AM.

pedlr
    I heard an announcement on the radio just now about a found camera and remembered your post. The contact was
    [email protected]. You could just call Kzmu, they have a lost and found public service announcement.
    I would suggest calling both the sherriff and the police, they both have lost and found. I've actually found lost keys that way.

Orange Yeti 575
    Quote Originally Posted by moabman
    I heard an announcement on the radio just now about a found camera and remembered your post. The contact was
    [email protected]. You could just call Kzmu, they have a lost and found public service announcement.
    I would suggest calling both the sherriff and the police, they both have lost and found. I've actually found lost keys that way.
    Thanks for the post. I left an email and voice mail with the station and am hopeful. It sounds like the location the camera was found was near where we passed on our way back from Porcupine Rim. They said it was found on April 1 though which I am hoping was a mistake. I also contacted the sheriff and police as you suggested. Fingers crossed!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I found an undeveloped roll of film, yes film, on the Porc singletrack a looooong time ago (as well as a bunch of other swag) while climbing up from 128 for the first time.

When I got home I developed the roll but there were no clues in the pics who to attempt to get hold of. I put one of the pics on a website dedicated to "Orphan Pictures" but no luck so far. It'd be like stepping back in a time machine for the owner of these pics.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    I found an undeveloped roll of film, yes film, on the Porc singletrack a looooong time ago (as well as a bunch of other swag) while climbing up from 128 for the first time.

When I got home I developed the roll but there were no clues in the pics who to attempt to get hold of. I put one of the pics on a website dedicated to "Orphan Pictures" but no luck so far. It'd be like stepping back in a time machine for the owner of these pics.
    If you posted up a few of the pics, I remember that thread. Awesome.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    If you posted up a few of the pics, I remember that thread. Awesome.
    What'll happen is he'll finally get in touch with me and I won't be able to find them! On that fateful day I found a hat I'll still wearing, some red light blinking thingy shaped like a skull, a bunch of change scattered up the trail and a Casio wristwatch, very beat up, that still keeps decent time.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...highlight=film
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

Members who have read this thread: 0