Looking for water in MOAB- Mtbr.com
    Stucco Bucket

Looking for water in MOAB

Hey, we are hitting MOAB in a few weeks in a RV and 12 riding buddies. Traveling from Albuquerque, and hoping to find some potable water in MOAB to fill up. Traveling with water makes it a bit unsairfer, more expensive and slower.
    Were looking for a hook on water when we get there. Can any local shops or residents help us out? In-Kind donatiion will follow

Fragilie
    The little quickie mart on Mill Creek road which is on the way up to Sand Flats let us fill up for $5 or $10 last year, not sure if they'll still offer the same deal, but worth a shot. I was just there last weekend and noticed they had a hose reel out front for easy access so I'm thinking so. There's also the well on the side of the Highway just before the ending of Porc. Take some jugs and fill up.
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

Stucco Bucket
    sweet, good to know thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Outside Posion Spider bike shop they have a faucet for their bike tour trips. We filled six 5gal jugs for free, but we bought some gear in the store. Definitley ask them first.

mtbr member
    GearHeads on Main Street has a free filling station inside....they even have a sign up bragging about filling up some obscene amount of water for a scout troop!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor Lord of Thunder
    GearHeads on Main Street has a free filling station inside....they even have a sign up bragging about filling up some obscene amount of water for a scout troop!
    Gearheads. Great store. I still own three pairs of Five Tens I've bought there. They say their water is "filtered" which is always a good thing.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

pedlr
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl
    sweet, good to know thanks

When gearheads says free water, I dont know if that includes rv tanks. That would be generous! since it's filtered. I dont know how hard it is to find a spigot in Moab,
    but I've got a coffee house downtown and a warehouse on the highway, and I'd be glad to let you fill up from an outdoor spigot either place, and I wont charge you $5. We gotta help each other out right? Just PM me when the time comes.

Stucco Bucket
    Thanks for the offer,and advice. I will PM you.

Members who have read this thread: 0