Looking for suggestions St George, Hurrican, Brianhead, PC- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Looking for suggestions St George, Hurrican, Brianhead, PC

I have read some of the other threads about these areas, but wanted to get some opinions. Thanks

So a few of us are heading that way from AZ Sunday. We are planning on riding Gooseberry in the AM Monday, Tuesday riding Bunker Creek and or Dark Hollow. I have ridden GB and BC my friends have not. So I am looking for opinions on maybe some other rides. We enjoy up and down, techy, xc, long rides. Also going to ride Thunder Mtn later in the week. I understand there is a trail across the street or? so from Thunder Mtn. Any thoughts on doing that with TM. From there we are going to stay in in Midway for 3 days and ride WC as well as others in that area. Is there a good route from PC to do the Crest and go all of the way down to Wasatch Blvd? Tibble Fork area or? Again I am open for suggestions and opinions. Thanks in advance.

Report this post

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    1. St George/Hurricane See if you are there for one of the OTE bike shops group rides. They are in hurricane. If they are headed to little creek go with them. Little creek is hard to navigate so I suggest going with them. The trails in SG area are going to be hot as **** so I think your plan to ride BH is sound. If you come back in Nov-May ride The Goulds/Jem/Hurricane rim loop, Broken Mesa, Zen, Barrell trails. and about 20 others that are also just as good.

2. Bryce area Never been always wanted to

3. Crest
    Bike Ride Profile | 33 miles near Park City | Times and Records | Strava
    that's my favorite way to ride the crest. Starts and ends at the canyons. There are about 100 options all of them amazing rides.
    Mountain Bike Ride Profile | 35 miles near Park City | Times and Records | Strava
    That ride starts at PCMR and ends at my house in slc. Connecting to AF canyon is possible but there is not a commonly biked route.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member

Re: Looking for suggestions St George, Hurrican, Brianhead, PC

I believe the trail by Thunder Mountain your thinking of is this one:

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/cassidy.htm

I've never ridden it but know lots of people really like it.

The Navajo Lake Loop is a fun ride. Not techy at all but still a fun time.

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/navaloop.htm

I also second Little Creek. Probably my favorite trail. Definitely go with someone who knows their way around and start early. I was there recently and it gets hot AF starting around 9am.