Looking for some help finding close trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Looking for some help finding close trails

I am coming from Colorado to Salt Lake City this Friday (May 4th-6th) and am looking for any available help regarding mtn. bike rental (near downtown...staying at the Red Lion Inn) near my hotel and from there the nearest good (lots of climbing/technical) single track riding to the city.

thanks for any help!

...and any help on finding a beer or two after my rides.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Beer shouldn't be a problem... as for riding, one option would be to do the Bonneville Shoreline Trail which is super close to downtown. Make sure to include the bobsled downhill in your ride. here's a link to directions http://utahmountainbiking.com/
    there are other options if you want to drive a little while.

mtbr member
    As suggested, you can ride shoreline from your hotel. Up memory grove to city creek TH to zoo & back is a good mixed ride. In recent years pretty much anything resembling technical on it has been sanitized though. Still very fun in my opinion: some good stiff climbs right off the bat out of city creek, fast flowing singletrack, and nice views of the valley.

Beer will not be a problem. Real stuff in liquor stores and private clubs (anyone can buy a temp membership), 3.2 in all stores and taverns (no membership).

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Is there a bike rental store near downtown (Red Lion hotel) I can rent a bike from? Thanks for the info. so far.

Members who have read this thread: 0