Shocks...pegs...lucky!

looking for people in Pleasant Grove to ride with

I live in Pleasant Grove and I'm looking for people to do short afternoon rides with. I would ride alone but I have too many visions in my head of my mangled and broken body in a ditch with no one to call for help.

I am not a racer but I do like to push myself. Mountain biking has been my favorite sport for 15 years. I am not that competitive b/c I don't have the genes for it but I just like to ride and have fun.

I can do weekends but the main thing I am trying to do is ride during the weekdays to stay in shape. I am multidisciplinary but favor moutain bikes b/c that is my first love. So...

Road rides: even if you don't have a road bike but you'd like to try your hand at it, I might even have an extra bike, if you are around 5'8" (wife's bike, 52cm) or 6' (my extra bike, a 55cm). I use SPD pedals on my road bikes so if you have MTB shoes, you are set. I consider this a necessary evil to getting in shape for mountain biking. I don't have time to drive to the trailhead three days a week. Road biking is a great way to train for those big mountain bike rides I like to do in the summer. I know a few of the rules of the road but I am not a veteran and I have never road raced. In fact I don't even race mtn bikes regularly. I like to keep it fun but I like to push myself. The main thing is that riding outside in the winter beats riding the trainer in the basement.

XC: on the shoreline or Lambert Park or other dry trails in the winter. I borrow my dad's Stumpjumper 120 for my XC riding.

Freeride/DH: my 'weapon of choice' is my Enduro 150 which I can set up for long-travel XC or downhill. I love to shuttle but winter puts a damper on that. I am always up for a good urban session though (even though I don't go huge).

I go to school at UVSC full time so sometimes I have time to ride after lunch. If you are a student too and would like to ride in the afternoons for a couple hours, cool.

As far as ability and riding style:
    On the dirt I have medium aerobic ability and I do love jumps and drops but not too big. I don't do road gaps or anything like that. If you like that stuff that's ok. I will watch and be there to call 911 if you get hurt.

Respond to this post or you may call me at 358 5051
    Your mountain bike hates its life as a road bike.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

lavaman -

dude - just because i was away from my phone for a while doesnt mean that you have to find a new riding buddy does it? i will be back on sunday. i could likely ride sometime this week, but i leave for DC on thursday morning and will not be back until sunday again. after that, st george the weekend of the 11th and 12th. come.

doc

ride more.
    Nov 2004
    blah blah blah
    Last edited by drboudreaux; 02-24-2006 at 07:30 PM.

shaved yeti

Lava!

You riding whore! Sure, I leave town for a little while, and what? You're looking around to ride with strangers? I see how it is.... sniff sniff. Where's the sob smiley when you need it?

I'll be up there for a few months in the spring. But I ain't riding with no body who's been riding around like some two dollar hooker....

mtbr member

gay lava online
    likes little boys to ride with
    does your wife know this?

Attached Images Attached Images

Shocks...pegs...lucky!
    Quote Originally Posted by 666*EDOHC
    gay lava online
    likes little boys to ride with
    does your wife know this?

No, she doesn''t. Please don't tell.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bonkey
    Lava!

You riding whore! Sure, I leave town for a little while, and what? You're looking around to ride with strangers? I see how it is.... sniff sniff. Where's the sob smiley when you need it?

I'll be up there for a few months in the spring. But I ain't riding with no body who's been riding around like some two dollar hooker....

Bonkey,
    I didn't know you still could ride bikes. Maybe you can show us your stuff. I have spring break in March and we're planning on spending the 20th-22nd of March in good 'ole San Jorge. Don't forget to eat before you ride. otherwise you'll live up to your namesake.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

If you are interested, I am down with some riding of the weekend of the 20th-22nd. If you all want a tag a long, shoot me a PM. I am down there as much as possible to ride and would love to hook up with some folks for some riding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux
    If you are interested, I am down with some riding of the weekend of the 20th-22nd. If you all want a tag a long, shoot me a PM. I am down there as much as possible to ride and would love to hook up with some folks for some riding.
    Mike,
    It's actually not the weekend, but I'm OK with you ditching school for a few days to come down and ride in St. George. Talk to lavaman. He knows the details. Of course San Fran riding isn't like Utah so my mt. bike skills are rusty. But I'll be glad to watch you show me your new skills.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

OK - now I am understanding who this is and what the sssDDS stands for. You cant put that behind your name yet can you? maybe I should be "drboudreauxJD?" I think that I just might ditch school for a few days. what is school anyways? the real school is real life. enough waxing philosophically. I will talk to that clown lavaman and get the details.

and by the way, now he is soliciting riding partners from SF? maybe the haiku was right after all...

just kidding lavaman.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

and lay off that bonkey guy. we rode together this weekend and he owns it. go bonkey go - i love you brother. and by the way, i have been trying to call your cell. i got some news for you.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

some riding skills...

Shocks...pegs...lucky!
    My brutha sssDDS,
    Don't stress too much my man. Things will be ok. Don't worry if you have to take extra time to get your shiz together to come to UT. If we have to, Mike and I will just meet you in SJ on Tue. You can start out Monday and stay over somewhere and drive the rest on Tue AM. Get a motel in NV since they're like $25/nite. We may go down on Monday and expect to see you Tue afternoon. After you get there we can ride Goose Tue afternoon and do Church Rocks or Green Valley before we leave for SLC on Wed. Or we could do it the other way around and ride something near St. George on Tue and do JEM or Goose or Grafton on Wed. Whatever works ya know?

Hey Dr. Boudreaux, whats the news?

Lavaman

ride more.
    Nov 2004

the bad news is that the insurance company won't cover my sex change operation. what a crock of shiite that is, eh?

and by the way, i am an anti-dentite. (anyone remember that seinfeld episode?) it is also the yadi yadi yada episode. classic
    Last edited by drboudreaux; 02-27-2006 at 06:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaman
    My brutha sssDDS,
    Don't stress too much my man. Things will be ok. Don't worry if you have to take extra time to get your shiz together to come to UT. If we have to, Mike and I will just meet you in SJ on Tue. You can start out Monday and stay over somewhere and drive the rest on Tue AM. Get a motel in NV since they're like $25/nite. We may go down on Monday and expect to see you Tue afternoon. After you get there we can ride Goose Tue afternoon and do Church Rocks or Green Valley before we leave for SLC on Wed. Or we could do it the other way around and ride something near St. George on Tue and do JEM or Goose or Grafton on Wed. Whatever works ya know?

Hey Dr. Boudreaux, whats the news?

Lavaman

First, to Dr. Boudreaux: you better keep wearing you full facer so that you can remain an anti-dentite.
    Lavaman, we may try to leave Sunday and get part way to break up the drive. That could put us in San Jorge early monday afternoon. maybe we could hit the street at night after the kids go down or something.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

hey steve -

You know what the difference is between a dentist and a sadist? Better magazines.

My Ma and Pa are moving to CO in April. Pa is working with a dental practice there near Denver. They are stoked. I am thinking about doing a road ride from home here in UT to Denver over the summer. Any takers? I really am thinking about it. Taking back roads through Heber, Vernal, Steamboat Springs, etc.

SLX
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Is Pleasant Grove any were near the SLC area? I Im still looking for some spring break riddin.

Shocks...pegs...lucky!

I guess that depends on how you define near. PG is just south of American Fork.

Lavaman.

What's your bike setup like?

ride more.
    Nov 2004

PG is not likely to be rideable over Spring Break. We are actually talking about riding in St. George that week. You are welcome to come down and meet us to ride if you would like.

Shocks...pegs...lucky!
    We will likely select rides from the following trails:
    Gooseberry Mesa
    Greenvalley Loop
    JEM
    Grafton Mesa
    Flying Monkey
    etc.

What's your bike setup like?

Lavaman

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    hey steve -

You know what the difference is between a dentist and a sadist? Better magazines.

My Ma and Pa are moving to CO in April. Pa is working with a dental practice there near Denver. They are stoked. I am thinking about doing a road ride from home here in UT to Denver over the summer. Any takers? I really am thinking about it. Taking back roads through Heber, Vernal, Steamboat Springs, etc.

I might be interested in the road ride. We have been talking about CO as a possible place to settle and set up shop.
    Any ideas on where I can pick up a Heim Chain guide (like Lavaman has) or something similar?
    My votes for ST. George are Gooseberry and Grafton Mesa. JEM would be third.

Shocks...pegs...lucky!

sssdds,
    Try this link for the 3 guide

http://www.montaramtb.com/Order_Contact/order.html

ride more.
    Nov 2004

route details...

Provo to Duschene Utah 4988 feet (96.02 miles)
    Duschene to Vernal Utah 5279 feet (57.97 miles)
    Vernal to Jensen Utah 4740 feet (13.45 miles)
    Jensen UT to Dinosaur CO 5858 feet (19.96 miles)
    Dinosaur CO to Massadona CO 6180 feet (20.40 miles)
    Massadona CO to Elk Springs CO 6421 feet (13.74 miles)
    Elk Springs CO to Maybell CO 5930 feet (23.04 miles)
    Maybell CO to Craig CO 6194 feet (30.63 miles)
    Craig CO to Hayden CO 6337 feet (17.43 miles)
    Hayden CO to Steamboat Springs CO 6728 feet (25.10 miles)
    Steamboat Springs CO to Kremmling CO 7441 feet (51.98 miles)
    Kremmling CO to Hot Sulphur Springs 7680 feet (17.43 miles)
    Hot Sulphur Springs CO to Tabernash CO 8400 feet (21.43 miles)
    Tabernash CO to Winter Park CO 9000 feet (9.01 miles)
    Winter Park CO to Dumont CO 10030 feet (28.84 miles)
    Dumont CO to Lakewood CO 5450 feet (33.01 miles)

Maybe it would be better to start in Lakewood and then ride to Provo. There would be a hell of a climb at the start of the ride from Lakewood o Winter Park, but then after that, it would be mostly descending instead of climbing.

We need to figure out when we want to do this. I am really going to try to race the Intermountain Cup as well this year since I have so much more time now. Let me know what you think.

Shocks...pegs...lucky!
    for hours and hours of enjoyment...

http://www.stuffonmycat.com/

Shocks...pegs...lucky!
    Yet another great distraction...

windows media player:
    http://video2.nsmb.com/bpilot/bpwade05.wmv

quicktime:
    http://video2.nsmb.com/bpilot/bpwade05.mov

check out the Wade Simmons Bush Pilot experience video. Pretty good riding recorded on 'crappy little digital cameras'.

and for you road weenies out there - check this out sucka (that would be me)

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/752874/

shaved yeti

I'm up for some riding.

Quote Originally Posted by sssdds
    First, to Dr. Boudreaux: you better keep wearing you full facer so that you can remain an anti-dentite.
    Lavaman, we may try to leave Sunday and get part way to break up the drive. That could put us in San Jorge early monday afternoon. maybe we could hit the street at night after the kids go down or something.
    SSSSSDDDDSS (you should sing that in your head like its the beginning of "Safety Dance"). Why you gotta be bonkin' on the ol' bonk? LOL.

I'm up for some street on the campus. Be sure to come with donut payoffs for the local grounds keeper willie. That guy prowls Dixie like Jack the Ripper, looking for punk teenage kids wreaking havoc on his precious staircases and retaining walls.

SXtreem now
    SSSSSDDDDSS (you should sing that in your head like its the beginning of "Safety Dance"). Why you gotta be bonkin' on the ol' bonk? LOL.

I'm up for some street on the campus. Be sure to come with donut payoffs for the local grounds keeper willie. That guy prowls Dixie like Jack the Ripper, looking for punk teenage kids wreaking havoc on his precious staircases and retaining walls.
    bonkey, you cant ride around the parkinglot of your bike shop w/o crashing on that Cowan! how you going to ride campus? J/K man, il be down w/ mike next weekend to make up for the last time i was throwing my guts up at your place. see you soon

ride more.
    Nov 2004

I am so stoked on this weekend. RMX I hope that you are ready for some XC riding. I am jonesing to go and do that loop again. I am looking to leave at 3pm on Friday. I hope that this works for you. If not, I can wait if I need to, or I think that others are going down as well later on. I will ring you tonight to discuss. chou.

I just wanted to sound like a flamer at the end there....

Shocks...pegs...lucky!
    If you're going down this weekend are you still up for going on March 21st?

Lavaman

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I am so stoked on this weekend. RMX I hope that you are ready for some XC riding. I am jonesing to go and do that loop again. I am looking to leave at 3pm on Friday. I hope that this works for you. If not, I can wait if I need to, or I think that others are going down as well later on. I will ring you tonight to discuss. chou.

I just wanted to sound like a flamer at the end there....
    Knowing you, Dr. Boudreux, and personally having had some close encounters to real "flamers", you are a long way from it?
    Are you expecting us to be down there this weekend? We aren't planning on being there until March 20th. What is this loop you are excited to do? Have you discovered some new XC riding down in Saint George?

shaved yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by RMXtreem
    bonkey, you cant ride around the parkinglot of your bike shop w/o crashing on that Cowan! how you going to ride campus? J/K man, il be down w/ mike next weekend to make up for the last time i was throwing my guts up at your place. see you soon
    Sure kick a man when he's down! You don't see me making fun of you crying like a little baby, stinkin' up my toilet with your tummy nastiness do you? See, I wouldn't do such a demeaning thing on such a fine thread as this.....

shaved yeti
    yeah Doc,

What loop? You mean there's good riding in Saint George? Freak!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    yeah Doc,

What loop? You mean there's good riding in Saint George? Freak!
    Spoken like a true Utahn, Bonkey.

SXtreem now
    Sure kick a man when he's down! You don't see me making fun of you crying like a little baby, stinkin' up my toilet with your tummy nastiness do you? See, I wouldn't do such a demeaning thing on such a fine thread as this.....
    NO REBUTTLE!

Shocks...pegs...lucky!
    I have some TERRIBLE news folks...sssDDS has had his two prized possesions stolen from his storage room! This is a very sad day. I am trying to encourage him to carry on without letting this unfortunate incident get him down, esp. during finals. Y'all know the pain he must be feeling right now so feel free to express your condulences for his loss in this very difficult time.

And may the fleas of 1,000 camels infest the underpants of the heartless theif who stole his Rocky Mountain hardtail and Specialized Enduro Comp.

Bonky, please tell Stephen that hope is not lost for his biking odessy coming up in the next couple of weeks!

Lavaman

SLX
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I have some TERRIBLE news folks...sssDDS has had his two prized possesions stolen from his storage room! This is a very sad day. I am trying to encourage him to carry on without letting this unfortunate incident get him down, esp. during finals. Y'all know the pain he must be feeling right now so feel free to express your condulences for his loss in this very difficult time.

And may the fleas of 1,000 camels infest the underpants of the heartless theif who stole his Rocky Mountain hardtail and Specialized Enduro Comp.

Bonky, please tell Stephen that hope is not lost for his biking odessy coming up in the next couple of weeks!

Lavaman
    sssDDS I am sorry man my condolences. on your bikes, I wouldn't know what to do if some one stole my bike. It would be like losing a girl friend except I spend more time on my bike than my girl friend; actually I currently don’t have a girlfriend at all. I hope you are able to get your bikes back or get an insurance claim on them.

Shocks...pegs...lucky!
    drboudroueaux: don't you know the rider in this picture?

Looks like Justin submitted a pic from that day we were on the Squaw Peak trail building those jumps. I think I have video of this exact jump.

http://photos.nsmb.com/showimage.php?i=5157&c=36

Lavaman
    Last edited by lavaman; 03-09-2006 at 12:58 AM.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

sorry about the rides steve. That really blows. But trust me, things could be worse. I would easily trade my bikes away at a seconds notice for some things. You will be a rich dentist soon. You helped out a poor crack addict. Think of it that way. See you in a few weeks.

SXtreem now
    drboudroueaux: don't you know the rider in this picture?

Looks like Justin submitted a pic from that day we were on the Squaw Peak trail building those jumps. I think I have video of this exact jump.

http://photos.nsmb.com/showimage.php?i=5157&c=36

Lavaman
    the rider in the pic is some R.A.D dude named Nate.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

enough of old man winter already. I am ready for summer. i cant even go to St. George to ride because it is winter down there too. Come on Bonkey - what is up with the weather? I know that you can control the weather down there...

I cant even escape the weather here in the North and go to saint george to ride, because every freaking weekend it storms down there. SUCK

Shocks...pegs...lucky!
    Finally made it to St. George. Rode JEM, Hurricane Rim and Goulds. Ran into Darryl Price and he came along. He's a rep for Bell/Giro now. Thanks for the great ride Darryl. In the photos left to right, Justin, Wayne, Darryl and Mike. In the other photo Darryl is center frame looking into the canyon

ride more.
    Nov 2004

those pictures are sweet. it was fun to have that ride away from the stress.

i want you.

Shocks...pegs...lucky!
    You don't want me, you want Napoleon DYNAMITE!!!!...

Members who have read this thread: 0