Looking for Moab riding suggestions Friday 2/17 - Saturday 2/18- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2015

Looking for Moab riding suggestions Friday 2/17 - Saturday 2/18

Hi so I've got the long weekend to myself and from the weather reports I'm seeing one of the few places within a days drive from SF thats not had a ton of rain or getting it is Moab.

Wondering if the riding is going to be good this weekend (looks like it) and any recommendations for good rides. I've been once before did the Whole Enchilada and Ahab. Would love to do Mag 7 (mtbproject seems to indicate its riding well?) but is that a shuttle only type of trip?

I'm also assuming that there's some rides which are higher in elevation and hit the snowline I want to avoid so I'm trying to miss that sort of issue.

thanks!

Thin Man on a Fat bike
    Well it's about a 15 hour drive from SF so that's a full day driving. Having done it many a time I can assure you it's not enjoyable. We still have snow above maybe 6000 feet so TWE will be closed until probably mid June but you could ride lower trails. None of the shuttle companies are open yet but there are certainly quite a few trails to ride that are clear and dry. Some of the upper trails ate best ridden when damp anyway.