Looking for a local in SLC to help with a purchase- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2018

Looking for a local in SLC to help with a purchase

I'm trying to buy a bike feeling a shop in SLC that is local pickup only. Hoping to find someone local that can facilitate pickup and shipping. Please PM to discuss if you can help.

Thanks,

Marc

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Yes I would pay a fee for your help.

mtbr member
    I'm curious. Why are you working with a bike shop that won't just ship a bike to you?
    Are you getting a brand that doesn't ship?

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    I'm curious. Why are you working with a bike shop that won't just ship a bike to you?
    Are you getting a brand that doesn't ship?

Yes, I'm looking at New Old Stock for a Giant (Specifically a 2016 XTC Advanced 2 29er), and their retail rules do not let them ship to consumer.

I asked a local retailer if they would help me transfer the bike, but since it is old (2016) and depreciated, the local retailer i approached said they "could not" buy the bike from the SLC retailer, even though Giant Corporate indicated there was actually a secondary network set up to support that type of activity. I understand that it's not their job to lose margin, but it's frustrating that they don't actively stock many MTBs in NoVa. I'm left trying to source a remote bike or custom order 2018 stock from a manufacturer. There are a couple Cannondale Cujos in similar circumstances...one within a weekend drive if I really want to pursue it, but the Giant XTC seemed a very good value proposition.

I'll also check with a couple other local retailers, but there's a definitely a conflict. If they mark the bike up 30% (Plus tax and shipping), It'll kill the deal.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    If it's in a box I will pick it up and drop it off where you need.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcva View Post
    Yes, I'm looking at New Old Stock for a Giant (Specifically a 2016 XTC Advanced 2 29er), and their retail rules do not let them ship to consumer.

I asked a local retailer if they would help me transfer the bike, but since it is old (2016) and depreciated, the local retailer i approached said they "could not" buy the bike from the SLC retailer, even though Giant Corporate indicated there was actually a secondary network set up to support that type of activity. I understand that it's not their job to lose margin, but it's frustrating that they don't actively stock many MTBs in NoVa. I'm left trying to source a remote bike or custom order 2018 stock from a manufacturer. There are a couple Cannondale Cujos in similar circumstances...one within a weekend drive if I really want to pursue it, but the Giant XTC seemed a very good value proposition.

I'll also check with a couple other local retailers, but there's a definitely a conflict. If they mark the bike up 30% (Plus tax and shipping), It'll kill the deal.
    Ah yes, it's Déjà vu all over again. We've had this conversation elsewhere.