Looking for advice from Gooseberry Mesa locals- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Looking for advice from Gooseberry Mesa locals

Hi.
    I am coming to St. George for an interview on Monday March 19 and scheduled it so I have all day Sunday to play. I have heard that Gooseberry Mesa is a must ride. I am coming from CO and feel like I am a good rider besides for the fact that we have had a tough winter which has not been good for my riding endurance. I need to rent a bike, a car, and figure out the best loop to ride. I have one day and really want to take advantage of it. I was looking for advice on all three topics. Any help would be really appreciated. I live in Fort Collins and would be happy to bring some New Belgium beers for anyone willing to help. Thanks a ton.
    BFLO_SKAT

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Red Rock bicycles.

Check out red rock bicycles. www.redrockbicycle.com Best shop in town. They have a good rental fleet, including some 6' travel bikes that are perfect for gooseberry. (Raleigh ram 2500).
    There also a ton of great riding within riding distance of town. Check out www.utahmountainbiking.com they have good trail bios of whats in the area. I am not discouraging you from making the trip to gooseberry, just letting you know that there is over 100 miles of sweet singletrack within riding distance of SG. No need to rent a car.

Have a good trip.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Thanks a lot for the advice. I checked out the website, but there wasn't any rental info. I will give them a call. If you ever head to CO, I am happy to return the favor. See you.
    BFLO_SKAT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway
    Check out red rock bicycles. Best shop in town. They have a good rental fleet, including some 6' travel bikes that are perfect for gooseberry. (Raleigh ram 2500).

A Raleigh? Really? Try Desert Cyclery on Bluff St. They have Santa Cruz and Kona so you don't have to lie to your friends when they ask you what you bike you rented. I agree that there is a lot of good trails within range of St. George but you should not pass up the opportunity to ride the Goose.

Good luck.

RHRF!
    A group of us just rode on "The Goose" last week. It is a MUST DO ride - what a hoot! Take the South Rim Trail to the point and it will be hard to wipe the smile from your face.

FYI - we visited Red Rock and they no longer rent.

Pat
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    My parents live in Hurricane, which is 20 minutes from St. George and the little town you pass through on the way to the Goose. There is a shop in Hurricane that rents bikes. I can't remember its name, but it's on the main drag on the right hand side just before the little Hurricane museum (which is an old house that has old farm equipment on the front lawn). Sorry not more specific, but given the size of Hurricane, you really can't miss it with these directions.

I'll be up there "visiting the parents" during the week of April 16. Funny how I always have the bike with me...

ride more.
    Nov 2004

I second the motion on Desert Cyclery. 435 674 2929 is their number. They rent Yeti 575s, Kona, and Santa Cruz. Great shop. Great folks. I bet they would even take you out and show you the trails.

My .02.

I railed it like Kong
    Yeah don't rent a car. You'll look great pulling into DSC for your interview on monday all sweaty with helmet hair. Good luck with that

Red Rock the best shop in town?
    Last edited by Arkon; 03-22-2007 at 01:42 PM.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the advice. I was in St. George last weekend and rented from Desert Cyclery. Kong hooked me up. Great service, he came in after the store was closed on Saturday and then back again on his day off on Sunday to set me up with a bike. That was just the service, he also let me take out the Santa Cruz Nomad, that bike was no joke. I almost didn't get to ride all of Gooseberry because I spent so much time jumping off stuff at God's Skate Park. Thankfully I pulled myself away and checked out the rest. Great riding, great weather. Thanks for all the help. The best part is I got a job offer from the place I interviewed in town and now have to decide weather or not I want to move to St. George.
    BFLO_SKAT

Members who have read this thread: 0