Logan trail building/planning?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,565

    Logan trail building/planning?

    I'm looking at a position in Logan, I know trail building is not as advanced there as it is in other towns, but when I search for trail building, all I get is a short track XC course built by high school kids at the Beav.

    Anyone live up there and know the skinny on future trail bulding?

    Where do Loganites ride?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2
    I'm new to Logan so I may not have the full scoop. Around Logan you have Green Canyon, Providence Canyon and my favorite Jardine Juniper. I also ride PC every chance I can get.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    220
    Bjorr at the beav is the start of trail building around here. The guy in charge of the trails cache has been trying to get things going for a while. If you want to know more about future trail development I would get a hold of the trails cache guys. Last I heard Logan city was also planning a bike skills park . Having the highschool team has really help spark MTB up here so that we can build more bike specific trails.

  4. #4
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,461
    When I lived in Logan what I realized is that there is little or no mountain bike advocacy. The trails are dominated by cattle, ATVs and horses. Too bad because there's a lot of promising terrain in the area.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmmUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,372
    I used to live in Logan. Over the border in Pocatello there are a few great trails. It's worth the drive for a long day or overnight. Also, Snowbasin and Powder Mountain are not too far. With new ownership I'd bet Powder is going to get more new trails.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    540
    Anybody know how this has developed? I just applied to a job in Logan. Everything I read said how good a place it is for outdoor activities (including mountain biking), but I don't see too many trails on Trailforks/MTB project. How's trail development going these days?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmmUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Anybody know how this has developed? I just applied to a job in Logan. Everything I read said how good a place it is for outdoor activities (including mountain biking), but I don't see too many trails on Trailforks/MTB project. How's trail development going these days?
    I don't think Logan has got much more. But Powder Mountain and Snowbasin have added a few. Beaver Mountain I think has a few now too. It's not a terrible drive to Jackson either for a weekend.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmUT View Post
    I don't think Logan has got much more. But Powder Mountain and Snowbasin have added a few. Beaver Mountain I think has a few now too. It's not a terrible drive to Jackson either for a weekend.
    Thanks!

    Weekend length trips seem like the provide endless options, but I've gotten pretty spoiled living where I do now having the option for short morning rides from my house or some really good 1-3 hours rides 12 min down the road, so I was curious what was available near Logan.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmmUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Thanks!

    Weekend length trips seem like the provide endless options, but I've gotten pretty spoiled living where I do now having the option for short morning rides from my house or some really good 1-3 hours rides 12 min down the road, so I was curious what was available near Logan.
    Yeah, not a ton that wasn't mentioned before. There are a lot of hiking trails that you can get adventurous with on a bike so long as you stay out of the nearby designated wilderness areas. There are also a lot of gravel roads around for gravel-grinding. For most of the time I lived there I didn't have a car which was very limiting.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-03-2016, 04:02 PM
  2. planning on building a new 29er Mountain bike
    By Spattah in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2016, 04:30 PM
  3. Trail and bike rental in Logan
    By Buckwild 1000 in forum Utah
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 06:08 AM
  4. Trail suggestions near Lake Logan Retreat center?
    By 434Mtbiker in forum North & South Carolina
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 03:19 PM
  5. planning a new trail
    By futurerocker1 in forum Trail Building and Advocacy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 12:45 PM

Members who have read this thread: 28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.