Lodging recommendations - Park City- Mtbr.com
    Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

Lodging recommendations - Park City

My wife and I are heading to PC in June for a long weekend. We've never been there, so we're looking for some recommendations on lodging. I'll probably ride at least a couple of times (shorter rides) and she *says* she wants to ride too. I don't care if we have to drive to a trailhead (again, never been to PC, so I have zero local trail knowledge.) She's looking for some place where we can walk to things like restaurants. Sounds like Old Town is where we want to be? Any recommendations?

As for rides, I'm guessing it will be easy enough to find a shop and a map and recommendations when I get there. I'm more of the XC or "trail" rider (whatever that means - I like fast and swoopy but not "gnar") and don't mind climbing. She's a solid intermediate who gets pretty unhappy with a lot of climbing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Earthpig, depending on what kind of spring we have here many trails will only just be opening then but here's a link to some good trail writeups for you:
    Park City Area Bike Trails

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    That was sort of my suspicion - same way up here at Sun Valley. Sometimes only the lower elevation trails are rideable in early to mid-June.

mtbr member
    The Glenwild/Flying Dog/Bob's Basin area would seem to fit most of what you are looking for both for, with trails for both you and your wife as well as some for both.
    And they are much more likely to be fully open and good to go earlier than the main PC trails.
    The area isn't so close to the main PC/Old Town area though.
    There are lodging options out in the area though, and lots of shops and restaurants within close walking distance there.

Frame Building Moderator
    The way this winter is going there will be some riding in June. If your wife doesn't like lots of climbing you can do a semi-shuttle ride by driving to the start of the Midmountain trail at Deer Valley, then ride as far as you want south along Midmountain (there will be some climbs but nothing awful, and lots of nice flowy/smooth trail and scenery), then descend via any of the 20 or so (also flowy/smooth) trails that drop back down to Park City. She can stop at whatever watering hole suits her on Main and you can ride back up for 30 minutes to get the car. Perfect!

-Walt

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    We've stayed here a number of times: Silver Queen Hotel | Park City, Utah

The rates are much lower in the spring/summer & are often less than indicated on their website. It's an awesome place, and it's on Main St.