Living in Utah?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Living in Utah?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Living in Utah?

I am thinking about moving there after graduate school, how is the mtbing as far as downhill, freeride, and XC? i will probly have a dental degree maybe an MBA

shaved yeti

livin' rich in Utah!

Utah is a great place for a dentist, considering most of us don't have flouridated water yet. You'll have plenty of work!

As for mtb'ing we don't have ANY. Sorry! Guess you'll have to go somewhere else! just kidding. everywhere you go in Utah, nearly every town claims to have the best riding in the state. And Utah has the best mountainbiking in the world. xc, dh, freeride, trials, we got it all.

So no matter where you go, you'll have plenty of trails, and plenty of access to them.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    AWESOME! and it is cheaper than Cali as well, would it be pretty easy to get by with a MBA or dental degree?

shaved yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard85
    AWESOME! and it is cheaper than Cali as well, would it be pretty easy to get by with a MBA or dental degree?
    Well, it is cheaper because there is less money floating around. The economy isn't exactly like it is in Cali. Expect to make less money, but expect to spend less, too.

MBA, prolly not. A lot of the locals are well educated and there are plenty of MBAs floating around the Salt Lake City area, unemployed. I'm not sure how someone can be a master of business and be out of it at the same time....

Dentist, you'd prolly fair pretty well. I know there aren't as many dentists here and the demand (of course this is all hearsay) in Utah is pretty good. There is demand for dentists here, because there are no real dental schools in the state.

Anyone can make it here, as long as they are willing to work for it. I guess that's just like just about everywhere else though, eh?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    well then i might start my career out in Utah, I go to Southern Methodist University right now so that is pretty far away, although I would like to visit Utah this summer