Live by BYU and looking for X/C ride- Mtbr.com

Mar 2005

Live by BYU and looking for X/C ride

I am looking for a good ride nearby. I have ridden the Provo Parkway Trail up to Vivian Park many times and also the Bonneville Shoreline trail that starts near Bridal Veil Falls. I have also done some of the Rock Canyon trail and the fire road that goes under the "Y". Any suggestions would be awesome. If anybody would like to come with me on a ride, I have only one request: Get ready to hurl.

Thanks to all who help me.

shaved yeti
    Anyone know when the racecourse is opening up again? Seems like it's been forever....

mtbr member
    If you're referring to the old race course that is about a mile up Provo Canyon. It is open!! I have ridden it several times this year and it is in pretty good condition. I have ridden it mostly in the morning when it has been frozen. About a week ago I rode it in the afternoon and there were only a few short muddy spots. I'm guessing that it should be all dry by now.

The GWT (Great Western Trail) from Canyon glen up to the Orem bench road is also in Great shape as is the BST from Orem to Lindon.

Mar 2005
    Thanks for the input. It does seem like that trail has been closed for a while. I will have to ride it this weekend. Any who would like to come can call me at 362-7653
    I was thinking about leaving at 11 am (weather permitting)
    I always ride up to the canyon from my apt. (down by Gold's Gym on 9th east)

Members who have read this thread: 0