A little Virgin and Grafton Action- Mtbr.com
    Chris Bling

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! A little Virgin and Grafton Action

Man, today was just one that made me come away with a smile. We started out the day by heading over to Virgin and hitting some jumps and drops and just having a fun time. With me just getting into the sport of free riding, i think i did pretty good. the biggest drop that we did today was about 12 feet, which was well above what have ever done before. as far as jumping goes, i am figuring out at i feel the best when i lean back a little bit and slightly pull up on the bar. but, every jump is different so i guess that just means that i'll have to hit more of them.

from there we headed over to grafton and did "show me the money" and then played around a little bit at the bottom. My super hero by the name of Scott showed us all up by doing a huge step-down double and a drop that ended up being 20 feet! it was a sweet ride and really a confidence booster for me and also for the guys that i was with, Jason, Josh and Derek. hope you enjoy the pictures

these first ones are from virgin and the next batch will be out at grafton

dusty

12 footer.jpg

jason jump.jpg

josh jump.jpg

brad gap.jpg

me jump.jpg
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

Chris Bling

grafton pics

The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

LW Coaching
    Jul 2005
    Great pics Dusty. I'm so jealous. I wanna come play too - maybe the week after next...

Team Fearless Descender
    Amazing! Very, VERY nice!
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    pretty sweet dusty and gang! not that i or my bike could handle that stuff but it still looked like fun. matt will be happy to know his bike would handle some of it though! theres been some much snow and cold weather back here in good ole illinois. i wish i could afford to come back. oh well looks like ill be movin to texas next year im sure the weather will stay warmer lol

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nice shots. Looks like a killer time. I can't wait to come down in April and ride some of the stuff you guys have to offer.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Cabin Fever

Woot! Red dirt! Jealous.

We had a "heat wave" up here in SLC and I was able to get out for four rides this week... road rides.

But, with no snow, maybe there will be an early melt up in the Wasatch... I want to RIDE, dammit! My bikes are so cleaned and dialed that I can smell lemon Pledge just thinking about it.

Moab in 4 weeks...

JMH

May 2005

out of my league

sweet pics. i can't ride at the level you guys are at, but if you ever do any riding that doesn't involve huge drops, let me know. i'd love to have some new people to ride with! shawn 215-5893 (more along the lines of church rocks, paradise, etc.)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    Woot! Red dirt! Jealous.
    But, with no snow, maybe there will be an early melt up in the Wasatch...
    JMH
    couple days ago we got some heavy wet snow up here in the Wasatch.. so don't count on a quick thaw .. that heavy wet stuff sticks around for a long time when it comes. .. Lame i know.

Sick shots . . i can't wait to get down there to ride. the asx is almost as cool as mine .. j/king..... its probably equally as cool. looks like a cool riding crowd as well.

- ryan

mtbr member
    Nice pics, dusty!

Me & the ms. were down there over the past weekend from up north. Rode 'show me the money/more money/grafton' on Sunday. Don't know who's building down there but those are nice technical trails, so my shout out to whomever. Of course we had to slog up the hill first. I only hit a few of the smaller jumps as I was primarily in XC mode as we were just kicking the winter rust off a bit.

Already planning the follow-up visit.....

Members who have read this thread: 0