Little Creek Report Tues 11/22- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Little Creek Report Tues 11/22

Road in is perfect.

Inner Loops are perfect,

Outter Loop is a bit muddy in a few spots but should be dried out by Thursday.

We had a fantastic ride with the mesa all to ourselves!

Heads up, the "Cairn Clowns" have been out moving/relocating cairns to where they "think" the route should go.... a few spots were pretty screwed up and would be very hard to navigate for a novice to the trail system. Best advice is if you didn't build the trail or are not a seasoned veteran of the system who knows beyond a doubt exactly where the trail goes, then leave the cairns alone. Better to leave no cairn(s) than improperly re-route the trail and confuse the heck out of folks.

The "lets make the trail ADA certified" folks have been busy as well. We tore down in excess of 15 "cheater features", many of which IMO, were just plain stupid. I mean no disrespect as we were all beginners once but my gawd people if you can't lift your front wheel six inches to clear a feature or are afraid of a 12 inch drop, please practice until you can or are not afraid and leave the trail the f#ck alone. The fact is most of us like and enjoy the challenge of working until we can clear technical sections versus paving them, should you not subscibe to this school of though my I suggest walking your bike for a few yards or selecting the Snow Canyon paved bike trail or the St George Virgin River Bike Path for your riding enjoyment.

Ok, rant over....
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    STT GUY: Love the comments on cheater features; I live and ride in Grand Junction, and there are riders here who continually modify technical spots to accomodate their lack of ability. Don't they want to get better?
    OVER the rocks, not around