little creek mountain vs gooseberry- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

little creek mountain vs gooseberry

Am heading out Utah way this weekend...got limited time. Did gooseberry last yr and LOVED it. I've heard little creek mountain has the coolness of gooseberry with some fast singletrack as well...is it worth going to in lieu of gooseberry this time?

Also, am planning on doing the hurricane ridge (gould, JEM, Hurricane ridge, etc.), and broken mesa.

I railed it like Kong
    I personally like little creek just slighlty more that goose. LC has more flow to it. You go thru some forest sections, you can get a rythm going, still tons of slickrock to ride. Goose is just different riding than anything else. Either one will be a great day. Try LC and see what you think so you know which one you prefer. And take a guide if you can find one. The trail is not the easiest to follow.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

What day are we riding?
    If you have done Gooseberry I would try Little Creek. I personally like Gooseberry better, Hidden Canyon is my favorite part. If you ride Little Creek then you can decide for yourself in the future instead of asking other people.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Anyone know of any maps of little creek?

The Sentinel

Try this link

Go to www.utahmountainbiking.com and follow the links on the left side of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsam84
    Anyone know of any maps of little creek?
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Compass

Little Creek is hard to find and follow. Ask at Gooseberry if they are going there. The rock cairns are the same color as the surrounding rock so hard to spot. Do not go alone if your sense of direction isn't good. This place is great, but if alone, stay at Gooseberry. Some of the local bike shops guide. I'll be there in late May!

Young, Shawn Young
    I have to agree with what everyone has posted here. I love Little Creek as much as GB so Im sure you would like it as well. I dont think its really hard to find but the end can be difficult to find. A GPS with backtrack so you can see where youve been would be great. Ive actually stranded myself out there trying to find the end of the ride and been left in the dark
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmon
    A GPS with backtrack so you can see where youve been would be great. Ive actually stranded myself out there trying to find the end of the ride and been left in the dark
    Ditto. I had a GPS last time and it helped find the "stem" back to the car.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

Members who have read this thread: 0