Little Creek-3/25- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Little Creek-3/25

Hi Utah people! I'm heading from my CA desert to yours next week for my spring break trip (school teacher). I'm doing a Vegas/St. George combo and I plan to ride Little Creek on 3/25. Usually a good map and following my nose works for me but with all the warnings about route finding on Little Creek, I thought I'd put out a request for some local riders to join me and show me around. I climb relatively slowly but I get there and can handle most terrain pretty well. I've ridden Goose several times over the years so I'm moving on to Little Creek for the first time. So if you're like me and don't have a real job, have that Thursday off and don't mind showing another SoCal dufus around, please contact me and we'll ride! I'll be in Kernville and Vegas from this Friday-Wed so please let me know asap if you're in. I also plan to ride Guacamole (maybe on the same day if that's reasonable) and either Broken Mesa or Bearclaw on Wed. so if any of you have any current info on those rides, I'd appreciate it.

I always look forward to riding in Utah but not just for the trails. I'm a 25 year Jazz fan (love team oriented basketball) living in lalalakerland so I'm looking forward to wearing my Jazz hat without getting laughed at! I hope some of you can join me; if not, I hope I don't make the evening news on the 25th! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I might be free to ride with ya wed/thurs - if it's sunny . And since I'm not a native, I'll still laugh at your Jazz hat. PM me your number. Have a fun trip.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'm in for joining you guys too... .

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thanks for the reply. I'll PM my number. Not sure when I'll arrive on Wed. or what shape I'll be in after 2 nights in Vegas but I'll be up for an afternoon ride. Definately Little Creek on Thursday! I got to do the laughing in '97 and '98 when the Jazz owned the Lakers in the playoffs. Maybe those good ol' days will return soon!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Cool! I'll be in touch with the PM's

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I'm heading to Vegas now. Little Creek on Thursday for sure with SST Guy, mfshop and who else?

Your Best Friend
    STT Guy is the best guide in St. George. Have fun.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thanks for the ride! I'm so sorry for SST GAL's unfortunate fall. I hope she's o.k. and will recover soon. mfshop, I don't think I've ridden faster over that type of terrain than when I tried to keep up with you on the way back to the t.h. to meet search and rescue! They sure responded quickly! I rode Gooseberry (familiar territory) on the way back. SST Guy, please pm me with the rest of the story if you want. If you ever head out here, let me know and I'll be glad to show you some of the lesser known and used L.A. County trails!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Maddog,

Glad to hear you at least got in a proper ride at Goose. Next time you come out we'll give you the full LC tour.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Sounds good! Not sure when I'll be able to return. June maybe! Goose was fun as always. It sure seemed physically harder with more slow speed tech stuff than the stuff we rode on LC but still a blast! Let me know if you ever venture out here!

Members who have read this thread: 0