Lift Riding Brianhead the 23rd- Mtbr.com
    I railed it like Kong

Lift Riding Brianhead the 23rd

Hey All!

Our Desert Cyclery riding group is going to Brianhead to ride the lift on opening day Saturday the 23rd. Dust off your full face and armor and lets ride! Everyone is invited for this first ride of the year. New to downhill? Never ridden Brianhead? No problem learning with our group. The fast guys will ride by themselves anyway.

I've talked to a lot of people about riding Brianhead over the last 6 months. Lots of interest from first timers and old guys new to the downhill idea. So i hope to hear from you. I'll be posting here when we are leaving and meeting places if interested. Later

Scott
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

Jul 2006
    there will be a few of us coming from Las Vegas. Can't wait.

I railed it like Kong
    SWEET!

I saw you post for lodging on the other brianhead thread.

Cheapest way is to camp. Last time i stayed up there i just camped out. I couldn't give you info on shower facilities if your staying for multiple days though. You may want to call Brianhead and ask if they have those kind of facilities.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Do you guys usually get season lift passes (are they worth it)?

I railed it like Kong
    I only get up there 2-3 times during the summer for the lifts and only 1 day each at that. So it's not worth it for me. After 4 days it's paid for itself. I would personally get bored riding there 2 or 3 days in a row. We do shuttle rides a couple times too but with our own drivers so it's free/

My question would be if that pass included shuttle rides? Then it would be worth it for more people.

Daily lift pass $20
    1 Shuttle ride $15
    Summer Pass $69

ay Diablo!
    Just got back from Brianhead! and I'm toasted. The group did Dark Hallow first, followed by Bunker Creek. Trail condition were great, a tad dry and dusty (it was pretty hot, for being as high up as it is) but great none the less. Wish I had picks .

Bunk
    "You know me, I'm too lazy to carry a grudge". Sid the Sloth

Carnaval Dominicano
    http://carnaval.com.do/

Brass Nipples!
    Here are some Brian Head pictures from Thursday the 21st.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=312256
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

I railed it like Kong
    It was a good day for the lifts. Not wet at all. Everyone in our DC group bailed out and i went solo. On the first run of the day Brianhead had not walked the courses and there were several obstacles that should have been cleaned off the trails.

One was a 3ft wide log downed around chest level just after a jump on one of the black diamond runs. One kid on a V10 crunched his frame on it his first time down. There was a couple glass bottles in landing zones that i stopped and cleared out. Someone had purposely placed them there it was quite obvious.

Besides the lack of preparedness on BH's part it was an overall enjoyable day. My new 888RC2X VA freakin' rocks! Not that anyone asked...

Members who have read this thread: 0