Lets Race the Frog Hollow 25 Hour Race.. Team Opportunity- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Listen! Lets Race the Frog Hollow 25 Hour Race.. Team Opportunity

Holloween weekend race opportunity!

25 hours of Frog Hollow Endurance Race near Hurricane Utah.

I'd like to put together a "corporate" team for the 25 hour Frog Hollow race. Please know in advance that this is a "for the fun of it" evolution. If you are a uptight must win at all cost.. this isn's going to be your cup of tea.

A corporate team must have at least six to a maximum of ten riders. No restrictions on M/F ratio, we have one female who will most likely ride 2 laps total. All team members must ride at least one lap... This is a great opportunity to experience racing with minimal pressure.

A corporate entry is $680 which I will front. All I ask is that each rider pitch in $85 towards the fee.

Since I live one mile from the pits...we can use my house as a staging and prep area as well as the after race BBQ and party Sunday afternoon.

Questions/Comments.....? Lets have em.

Notes on the course which is just under 13 miles

It starts off fire road (Sheeps Bridge Road) then turns left into a fast uphill (mild climbing) double track.

This leads into the top of the JEM trail where you take a right and take the JEM and take the JEM "down" (there is one spot of knarly down hill that most will walk. I normally ride it but will walk it during the race) across Sheeps Bridge road to the double track that leads left out to the Hurricane Rim Trailhead.

The portion of the Hurricane Rim trail from the Bathroom/Trailhead to the JEM trial intersection is the tire killer. It has a lot of rocks with sharp edges. There are a couple little climbs and desents on this sction and it's not going to be much of a passing zone. There is also some mild exposure on this section.

This is a really nice layout and should provide some great racing. The only part that is going to be tough at night will be the Hurricane Rim part. Everything else is straight forward except for one little uphill on the JEM about 500 feet long.

The Hurricane Rim intersects the JEM and you go left on the JEM down to the quarry where the pits are located.
    Last edited by STT GUY; 09-29-2009 at 06:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Hey STT Guy,

When are you guys gonna be back in Virgin? And are you and the wife racing? Great opportunity to meet/ride with some really nice folks...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Ya, we're back, got in last Thursday! Been riding my ass off.

Thursday did Guacamole...Friday JEM-Goulds-Hurricane loop, Sat Little Creek and Guacamole, Sunday Gooseberry and yesterday Gooseberry again. Life sucks!

The reason I am doing a corporate team is because on a five person co-ed you everyone must run a night lap and Bonnie doesn't have very good night vision so I don't want her riding at night through the Hurricane Rim rock portion. She'll run two laps total in daylight and that'll be enough for her.

Where are you located, lets ride!

BTW, I am going to Frutia for the first time next week. I am going to spend three days there riding wih Fixie Dave from Over the Edge Hurricane. Should be fun.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I maybe interested. Could do as Many laps as you need. Just need to check the date before I comit to this. Sounds like fun!

Members who have read this thread: 0