Lehi/Saratoga/Provo Area- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Lehi/Saratoga/Provo Area

I'll be working for a couple of months near Saratoa Springs. I'm in the process of picking a hotel and wondering where the best location is for XC mountain biking. Also any tips on local trails will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    i'd just check on utahmountainbiking.com for alot of the specifics on the trails. i personally do shoreline and some of the lambert park loops for xc

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Close to I 15

Your going to have to do some driving to get to trails.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Your Best Friend
    Soon enough American Fork Canyon will be opening up (about a month?) and that is some of the best single track in Utah. I live in Eagle Mountain which is just over the hill from Saratoga Springs. There is some decent riding nearby and I'd be glad to take you out on some trails. You can also ride 5 mile pass which isn't the best as it is all double track and congested with ATV's but it is challenging. You won't be hurting for places to ride. PM me when you are ready to go.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the link and offers - much apreciated. I once spent a summer working in Ogden and stayed up the canyon in Ogden Valley and rode all over the place (loved it). I've also rode a bunch of the BST while staying SLC. Hopefully I'll get to see a significant portion of the south side trails this summer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    There is a lot of good riding up Provo R. canyon (incl. the Great Western).

Apr 2008
    american fork canyon has the best trails in the area, but will be snowed in until june-ish. until then, corner canyon (draper), lambert park (alpine), yellow fork (herriman), bonneville shoreline (draper, orem), and the foothills trails in orem are all good places to ride nearby. there is also a bike park nearing completion in eagle mountain not far from saratoga springs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by monstey
    there is also a bike park nearing completion in eagle mountain not far from saratoga springs.
    They are holding a grand opening on Saturday, May 30th. The park's web site is Mountain Ranch Bike Park.

mtbr member
    That bike park looks so not my style, but maybe I should give the man made stuff a try before I judge. Is it open in the evenings during the week? I've got access to a buddy's old Giant AC-1 that is hanging in his garage and would probably be a nice starter bike in a park???????

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I haven't been to the park yet, but I understand that it's primarily designed for FR / BMX type riding although there are ride around lines at every stunt. It may be good for a quick ride before/after work when your time is limited.

For longer, XC type riding, head over to the Utah Mountain Biking site (previously recommended by nmpearson). They've got trail directions for hundreds of trails throughout the state. Closest to you would be Corner Canyon / Ghost Falls in Draper, Lambert Park in Alpine, the overall American Fork Canyon trail network, and the BST system through Provo Canyon. All are within a 20 - 40 minute drive of Saratoga Springs.

Members who have read this thread: 0