LDS Church Property Line and I-STREET jumps- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009

LDS Church Property Line and I-STREET jumps

Just found out about this today and thought Id post it up here to spread the word.

After talking with a construction worker who was doing a land survey at I-Street today apparently the LDS church's property line extends 75 feet past the fence (see photo, red box) they are planning to build a chain link fence and pavilion within the red box illustrated in the photo. They are putting up a chain link fence around the red box due to liability issues.

The construction worker said he took extra caution to not tear down any of the jumps when leveling the land last fall, so with that being said it would probably be in everyones best interest to not pull out any construction markers and respect the build site.

Looks like only the run in through the trees to the very southern line will be blocked is that Money or Hollywood?

With all that said not sure why the LDS church feels the need to build on that land when they have an extra massive parking lot that is ALWAYS EMPTY!!!. Its actually quite obsurd after how long I street has been around and now all the sudden that have to put up a chain link fence due to liability Guess its their land and they can do whatever they want with it.

So just a heads up when digging out there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Something must have happened, somewhere. They are also closing off the access gates between my kids elementary school and a church parking lot. They also did it over by the local high school. These access gates have been there forever and in the last year, both have been closed.

Your Best Friend
    They've done that at many, if not all the churches. It's a right of way issue, if they constantly allow it then they have to always allow it, or similar. So they are closing them off.
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    yeah I just assumed that their property line ended at the chain link fence already built. Would think after the I street jumps became a city sanctioned park and the city came in and built a wooden fence around the area that they would've also built the fence around the church's property line too, wonder why the city left that section open?

Anywho just a heads up

-laters

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Hey all, yeah we tried to save that section, including trying to get the city to purchase the land from the church. FWIW, the tone was never hostile and until the church recently ordered a survey of the property, no one knew that area was not on public land. I wish it had turned out differently. The rest of I St is safe as far as I know and we are working on getting a few more basic amenities up there this year. There will also be access to the water tank this spring.j

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Err View Post
    Hey all, yeah we tried to save that section, including trying to get the city to purchase the land from the church. FWIW, the tone was never hostile and until the church recently ordered a survey of the property, no one knew that area was not on public land. I wish it had turned out differently. The rest of I St is safe as far as I know and we are working on getting a few more basic amenities up there this year. There will also be access to the water tank this spring.j
    ^sweet, thanks. yeah the construction/survey guy was real nice and it seemed like everyone who was involved was pretty cool towards the bike park, no hostility just trying to get a better understanding of what is going on - thanks!