LCC update- Mtbr.com

Thread: LCC update

mtbr member

LCC update

I rode LCC UH (Uphill) yesterday. There were a few patches of snow on the main temple quarry trail above the foot bridge over the river. There was also some patches of snow off the trail in the trees if you are interested. I am willing to bet that only recently did the trail dry off enough to get you up to the Alta trading post at the river because anything higher in elevation than that looked to still have snow on it, so go ride temple quarry and be nice to hikers and other bikers.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Off in the trees it's totally on below the rock garden and I suspect by now even above. Lips are right and dirt is perfect. Enjoy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    What about after the rain today? I was thinking about hitting it tomorrow.
    www.quinnphoto.smugmug.com
    07 S-Works Enduro SL - Sold
    08 Epic Marathon - Sold
    2012 Stumpy EVO 29er frame up build

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Sorry, just prophylaxing the inevitable torching I'll receive.

I actually think this trail rides best of any of our local trails when wet. The roots and rocks become more slippery and it's just more fun (with the exception of the logride). The soil drains water quite well. You can (and should) always bail onto the Quarry trail proper if it seems like you're destroying stuff cause it's too wet.

mtbr member
    ^ I agree...main trail rides best wet, the rest of it is variable. In the summer if you ride it right after a rain storm you will feel like you are in the tropics, the humidity gets stuck under the canopy and it is crazy hot.

P.S. Guy with the Nomad that I rode with yesterday...I think your name was Jake or John..my tire popped on the way down and that is why I left you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I guess if you knew I am from the midwest were we can't ride after a rain for about a week because the mud you'd understand why I asked. I'll hit up LCC today then!

Oh, and humidity you guys have no clue what humidity is and should be very happy you don't!!! Try riding in 100deg with 95% humidity
    08 Epic Marathon - Sold

mtbr member
    ^I guess if you knew I lived in Costa Rica for YEARS you'd understand that I know very much about humidity..where it can be 43 C with 100% humidity

mtbr member
    ^ I am sorry.. I am not usually that mean..i just couldn't resist turning your language into mine, but seriously, after it rains and the evaporation is stuck under that canopy, I have had days up there in LCC that were 95+F with humidity in the 90-93% range.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    all's good
    08 Epic Marathon - Sold

Members who have read this thread: 0