ladder drops.- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 36 of 36

Thread: ladder drops.

  1. #1
    I think we should go back
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    583

    ladder drops.

    Anyone know where I could find some ladder drops to practice on that aren't too far from sandy utah around 9400 S and 2300 east? thats about where I live. If you name some where I could ride to that would also be nice.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roguebuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    216
    Oh, well you just happen to be in luck. I know of such a place. I had to turn the car around and pull into the street to see if I really saw what I think I had in the front yard. I'm sure the neighbors love it.

    I took my wife by and gave her some options... A) Let me build a half pipe on the side of the house behind the fence. B) Let me turn the backyard into a track for RC cars. C) Let me build bike stunts like that in the front.

  3. #3
    should know better.....
    Reputation: neverwalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    749
    this thread is useless w/o pics.




    please post some. it sounds awesome. really.
    "Always Ride."

    -Anthony S.

  4. #4
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,119
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebuilder
    Oh, well you just happen to be in luck. I know of such a place. I had to turn the car around and pull into the street to see if I really saw what I think I had in the front yard. I'm sure the neighbors love it.

    I took my wife by and gave her some options... A) Let me build a half pipe on the side of the house behind the fence. B) Let me turn the backyard into a track for RC cars. C) Let me build bike stunts like that in the front.
    I also know of some that are close right there to that place. I saw some stuff and looked and there it was.

    Told my mom....A) I'm still living in the basement so stop putting the cat litter box next to my bed. B.) Can we have grilled cheese for dinner? That was more of a question that actually telling her something. C. I'll mow the lawn on Wednesday because I have to do some important stuff later after I get dressed.



    Really sounds sick, eh?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roguebuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    216
    Either you've seen the house or you haven't. It's kind of funny. It looks like someone's kid went nuts and tore up the yard to build a bunch of ladder drops and jumps.

    Btw, don't be so mean, I'm a sensitive guy. I really have been talking to my wife about building a half pipe or turning our unfinished backyard into an RC track. Both are better options than doing to my front yard what these people have done.

  6. #6
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,119
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebuilder
    Either you've seen the house or you haven't. It's kind of funny. It looks like someone's kid went nuts and tore up the yard to build a bunch of ladder drops and jumps.

    Btw, don't be so mean, I'm a sensitive guy. I really have been talking to my wife about building a pump track or turning our unfinished backyard into an RC track. So she took things to heart and tried to surprise me one day when I got home from work.



    I guess she Googled the wrong thing and we ended up with a well and a water pump. She dug the entire 20ft well with her bare, dainty hands. Bless her heart. She used to be a model before she had our first born.
    I've seen the house. It's kinda hard to miss though if you're not paying attention.



    Still confused.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SingleWhiteCaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    152
    No but seriosuly folks, i havn;t been since last summer. but some cats, whose pop owns a place off the trail at the bottom of LCC, built a little park right by the creek. It was fun. Bear in mind it's private so some courtesy will get you a long way.

    Of course, if it's ladder drops you're wanting you could come up to i-st. Not a bad starting point, and you've got jumps to hit after you get bored stiff dropping ladders for 5 minutes.

  8. #8
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,119
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleWhiteCaveman
    No but seriosuly folks, i havn;t been since last summer. but some cats, whose pop owns a place off the trail at the bottom of LCC, built a little park right by the creek. It was fun. Bear in mind it's private so some courtesy will get you a long way.
    Seriously??? 6 responses and a bit of a mocking to get an actual location.

    Then we find out the place is over run with cats. What a waste.



    *sigh*

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebuilder
    Either you've seen the house or you haven't. It's kind of funny. It looks like someone's kid went nuts and tore up the yard to build a bunch of ladder drops and jumps.

    Btw, don't be so mean, I'm a sensitive guy. I really have been talking to my wife about building a half pipe or turning our unfinished backyard into an RC track. Both are better options than doing to my front yard what these people have done.
    i wouldn't feel bad, that was pretty timid compared to slcrockymountainrider's other posts. you should feel honored he called you out.

  10. #10
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,119
    Quote Originally Posted by slcpunk
    i wouldn't feel bad, that was pretty timid compared to slcrockymountainrider's other posts. you should feel honored he called you out.
    roguebuilder actually PM'd me and we're doing dinner tonight. Some nice merlot, some cheese, a little pasta. Maybe watch a movie (I just purchased Turner and Hooch on Beta Max). Maybe do some ladder drops. Who knows... I mean we'll have the entire evening.


  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roguebuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    216
    Pick you up around 8:00?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SingleWhiteCaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    152
    Turner and Hooch. Ahhhhh....hot damn, that guy turned in an oscar-worthy performance, replete with impeccable comic timing as well as touching character development.

    A damn shame Tom Hanks let him down and cut that career off at the knees.

  13. #13
    I think we should go back
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    583
    LOL thanks I really appreciate it for taking my thread.

    Since the thread is already hijacked lets change the subject, I am going to ride up the tram at the bird tommorow with a couple buddies, Can anyone tell me about what it is like, whats up there, requirements, rules Ect... Thank you so much!!!!!!!
    Last edited by drain bamage; 08-04-2009 at 06:21 PM.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    410
    Hey everyone! I have something very important to announce on the internet! I'm going to rob a bank tomorrow. . . can you please tell me the rules? It's the US bank on the corner of main and 1st. That's exactly where I'll be. At 9am. . . Breaking the rules. . . I just need to know what the rules are. . .

  15. #15
    I think we should go back
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    583
    Why do you post just crap?????

    Forget about what he said, answer the question.

  16. #16
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,119
    Quote Originally Posted by P-townDave
    Hey everyone! I have something very important to announce on the internet! I'm going to rob a bank tomorrow. . . can you please tell me the rules? It's the US bank on the corner of main and 1st. That's exactly where I'll be. At 9am. . . Breaking the rules. . . I just need to know what the rules are. . .
    Uh oh...looks like your thread got hijacked again.

    Damn Noid's been looking for trouble ever since Domino's layed him off. Now he's causing trouble on MTBR.



    Oooo....looks like he's been working out but still wants to retain a bit of his celebrity. Probably could have just printed up some business cards, but carving your stage name into your man chest works too I guess .



    Nice tribal tats. Yeah, that's original.

    Here's my attempt at a save....



    Perfectly executed ladder drop. Notice how he's leaning to gain traction on the outside of the base and positioning his body and ladder to hit the transition perfectly. The key is to drive the center of the face into the ground before anything else hits.

    Helmets are for sissy's.

    Sport coats are the new skin suit.

    You can thank me later.

  17. #17
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,119
    Private Message: Why?
    40 Minutes Ago
    drain bamage
    I think we should go back
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Posts: 372 Why?

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Dude why are you such a douche bag???? You post crap in my threads that makes no sense to me at all. If your just going to post crap like that then dont post at all please!!!!!!!!!!


    Seems the love letters are just flying in.

    Now, I'm not a rocket scientist but it seems like I was mocking roguebuilders post which made no sense to me, not my new boyfriend drain_bamage's posts. roguebuilder shot back and took it in stride. Which is cool because he's loaning me his wife for an evening. Finally going to get my own well.

    Also seems like Mr. P-Town Dave rehijacked your second coming, not me.

    I have a couple of my own Threads on the Utah forum. Go hijack those. Let's party. It's all good.

    Your's Truely,

    Douche bag.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roguebuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    216
    Wasn't this thread started jestingly about the actual house, at the coordinates given, that has latter drops in the front yard?

    ...maybe drain bamage honestly was looking for ladder drops in the area and really has no clue about the house on Fox Hunt dr... in which case, the sheer randomness would confuse me more than slcrmr - and would make my first post confusing.

    I feel that only one of the three of us actually knows what is going on here. I'm not sure which one.




    dain bramage, you're about 14 years old right? Is your house the house on Fox Hunt with the drops? If so, this adds to the confusion even more.

  19. #19
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,119
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebuilder
    Wasn't this thread started jestingly about the actual house, at the coordinates given, that has latter drops in the front yard?

    ...maybe drain bamage honestly was looking for ladder drops in the area and really has no clue about the house on Fox Hunt dr... in which case, the sheer randomness would confuse me more than slcrmr - and would make my first post confusing.

    I feel that only one of the three of us actually knows what is going on here. I'm not sure which one.

    dain bramage, you're about 14 years old right? Is your house the house on Fox Hunt with the drops? If so, this adds to the confusion even more.
    Now my head really hurts.

    I think roguebuilder gets the blue ribbon for almost figuring this Thread out.

    P-Town gets honorable mention for calling it what it is.

    sclrockymountainrider gets a participation trophy for just trying. Just like they give out to the little kids who complete a lap at the BMX track before the races start.



    I am special.

  20. #20
    I think we should go back
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    583
    No my house is not that one. I gave coordinates because that is about where I live. I was wondering if there are any drops around that I can try for fun on my iron horse bike. My dad has a property by granite park I can build jumps on.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roguebuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    216
    Okay... in that case, forget that my first post was done so in a joking manner. You really are in luck! That house has to be within 30 seconds of where you live. Go there and ask if you can ride the drops.

    You could also look at how they're made and build some features at your dad's property.

    And in final, just to add more randomness to a thread that is almost making sense now, I may or may not actually be the cat responsible for the park with drops mentioned in SingleWhiteCaveman's post.

    slcrmr, now that we're all good, can I keep the wife home tonight?

  22. #22
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,119
    Quote Originally Posted by drain bamage
    No my house is not that one. I gave coordinates because that is about where I live. I was wondering if there are any drops around that I can try for fun on my iron horse bike. My dad has a property by granite park I can build jumps on.
    Oi....I think I've hit a new low with this one. And I was called a douche bag by a little kid. That's sweet.

    drain bamage, grab a shovel and build some jumps and ladder drops on your dad's property. That's how a lot of us got started. I started out with a big blank dirt lot canvass right behind my house in Sandy as a kid and just went to town. Even hollowed out a big section of rock out of Little Cottonwood creek and built a creek jump that we would hit when the water was going and it was hot.

    The advantage you have is that if your dad owns the property, it won't get torn down when sprawl hits and a bulldozer shows up one morning and levels your jumps and leaning tower of Piza of a half pipe the fat kid hit and tilted backwards voiding the vert on one side .

    And Iron Horse bikes are pretty sweet. Just sold my Iron Horse Sunday to a friend last month and the girl I pay to be my girlfriend rides a new pimped out MKIII. She's learning to jump and do drops as well.

    Just don't break it on your ladder drops as you'll be hard pressed to find replacement parts with them going out of business.

  23. #23
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,119
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebuilder
    slcrmr, now that we're all good, can I keep the wife home tonight?
    Please do. My hand still hurts from the introduction. She takes 'firm handshake' to a whole new level.

  24. #24
    I think we should go back
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    583
    Ok thanks ill do it... Where is the house? What is it by?

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roguebuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    216
    Fox Hunt Dr. is the last street on the left before you go up the big hill on 9400 S. It's one street east of Eastdell/Quail Hollow Dr. A couple houses in, you'll find what you're looking for in the front yard.

    ...Talk to the owner first.


    The funny thing is that the coordinates are litterally almost 9400 S and 2300 E

  26. #26
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,119
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebuilder
    Fox Hunt Dr. is the last street on the left before you go up the big hill on 9400 S. It's one street east of Eastdell/Quail Hollow Dr. A couple houses in, you'll find what you're looking for in the front yard.

    ...Talk to the owner first.


    The funny thing is that the coordinates are litterally almost 9400 S and 2300 E
    I'm sure that's done wonders for the property value in that area .

    I grew up a bit north from 9400 over by the country club/next to Little Cottonwood Creek. Used to be a bunch of BMX'y jump park areas all around the base of that hill that we would pedal over to: right behind Smiths before they expanded the shopping center further east (bought my Diamond Back Silver Streak from the Guthries that used to be in that shopping center a few doors up from where Staats sits now), across the street from that same Smiths there was a big field that went back forever and had about 3-4 quassi BMX/3 Wheeler jump areas. That's right, 3 wheelers. This was before they built the rec center/swimming pool.

    Pretty cool area to grow up, all things considered. Seems there are a lot of ambitious/tollerant people living inbetween the two canyons. Used to be an enormous half pipe just up from the entrance to Big Cottonwood canyon in the Valentiner's side yard in and amongst all those wealthy homes as well as another large one you could see along the bench if you were over near 'Big Rock.'

    I also recall dirt jumps and ramps we could see when we'd push our bikes up on the hill above the polygamist compound up 9400 S. a little further.

    We had 2 small BMX tracks and a half pipe right behind my house and after about 2 years a bulldozer came through and leveled the entire field. 3 years later they actually started building homes/streets.

    Crazy.

    Now where's my walking cane?

  27. #27
    I think we should go back
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    583
    You know where Staats is? I always go in there I go in about every day do you ever go in?

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebuilder
    Oh, well you just happen to be in luck. I know of such a place. I had to turn the car around and pull into the street to see if I really saw what I think I had in the front yard. I'm sure the neighbors love it.

    I took my wife by and gave her some options... A) Let me build a half pipe on the side of the house behind the fence. B) Let me turn the backyard into a track for RC cars. C) Let me build bike stunts like that in the front.
    RC track = pump track, there's two birds, got a stone?

  29. #29
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,119
    Quote Originally Posted by drain bamage
    You know where Staats is? I always go in there I go in about every day do you ever go in?
    Yep, bought a custom chromoly BMX cruiser from Jason in January. Kind of a small store, but they're nice.

    A little bit of winter training at the indoor track this year getting my arse handed to me by Justin Alvy in the Old Men Open Cruiser class (pulling in second to the last). Guy behind me in this shot (last guy in photo) is Quentin who owns Over The Edge down in Hurricane. He races Super D when races come to Brian Head and we've ridden Little Creek together. Great shop down there and don't let his full lycra kit fool you. He's an awesome technical rider. His wife rips it as well.


  30. #30
    I think we should go back
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    583
    ya Jason is pretty cool, iv never seen him ride but im in his shop a lot.

  31. #31
    Chumley for prez!
    Reputation: mr. welcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by slcrockymountainrider
    Oi....I think I've hit a new low with this one. And I was called a douche bag by a little kid. That's sweet.
    So now you're showing mercy just because of this kid's age? You act like you're 12 so I don't see what the big deal is? Let it fly man, trial by fire! You're such an "ageist".

    ok, just kidding, you must be at least 16 because I have ridden in your car. And Iron Horse's suck btw ...I know because I have one too.

  32. #32
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,119
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. welcorn
    ok, just kidding, you must be at least 16 because I have ridden in your car. And Iron Horse's suck btw ...I know because I have one too.
    Body of a menopausal eldery woman and the mental capacity of a 7 year old following a permanent automobile head injury.

    I was using my learners permit BTW.

    Yes, your bike sucks.

  33. #33
    I think we should go back
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    583
    Why do you say my Bike sucks? I am sorry, I can't afford a 2000 dollar bike like maybe you guys can. it is what I got and I am perfectly content with my bike...

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roguebuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    216
    They're being sarcastic. Welcorn owns an Iron Horse and SLCRMR used to. Thus the smiley face with the thumbs up. They're not dissing your bike.

  35. #35
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,119
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebuilder
    They're being sarcastic. Welcorn owns an Iron Horse and SLCRMR used to. Thus the smiley face with the thumbs up. They're not dissing your bike.
    There's actually an Iron Horse sitting in my living room right now getting a tire makeover and a brake bleed for Brian Head. We're going to go with some highlights, an A-Line and some warm colors to really bring out the bashguard.



    mr. welcorn's bike still sucks though.

    Braap!

  36. #36
    Chumley for prez!
    Reputation: mr. welcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by slcrockymountainrider
    There's actually an Iron Horse sitting in my living room right now getting a tire makeover and a brake bleed for Brian Head. We're going to go with some highlights, an A-Line and some warm colors to really bring out the bashguard.



    mr. welcorn's bike still sucks though.

    Braap!
    I hope you are putting on some minty tires that ride like $hit to match that aquafresh bashguard.

    Yes I was being sarcastic about IH bikes sucking (well mine is the only one that sucks...SLRMR's and yours are both kickass) What I like about IH is that they have the best warranty in the business (wink wink)

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.