La Sals trails?- Mtbr.com

Thread: La Sals trails?

BSG
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

La Sals trails?

Well I have three days off next week and I always wanted to ride the la sals. Im in Telluride so it a quick drive. Any trail suggestions and good roads to camp off of? Ill probabably enter from the south side to avoid Moab all together(dont want to be tempted by the bike shops)
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Moonlight Meadows is a great ride. I rode it 6 years ago but the forest service has changed it a bit since then so I would ask one of the shops for more details but this is what we did:

Camped at Oowah Lake. It's a primative campground, but it's where I would recommend you camp. From Oowah Lake we rode across the dam. There is a singletrack for a few miles that hits the Geyser Pass road. We then rode up the Geyser Pass Rd to a pass, I think it was Geyser Pass (not sure about the name of the pass). From the pass the Moonlight Meadows singletrack heads back towards Oowah Lake. The singletrack split somewhere near Clark Lake. Six years ago the right fork took you back to Oowah Lake.

Like I said, the Forest Service has changed the trail since I rode it but I would imagine you could still do the loop I just described.

another bozo on the bus
    The Colonel is right, Moonlight Meadows is great ride for sure. At Clark Lake take the clark lake trail and stay right rather going left down to the lake. It can get a bit technical in some sections, but that trail is alot of fun. We actually ride this down do a short hike a bike up and hook into Hazzard, Kokopelli, and Porc rim for a ripping day of decending. But you wouldnt want to do that. Youll end up in Moab.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Burro-Hazard-Koko-UPS-LPS-Porcupine

or

Burro-Moonlight-Schumans
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

mtbr member

what about the fire?

is burro to porc out of the question now?
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

Members who have read this thread: 0