Kokopelli/LPS current conditions?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Kokopelli/LPS current conditions?

We are planning to be riding into Moab via the Kokpelli-LPS-Porc this Saturday. Anyone have any beta on current snow conditions? We are riding the Kokopelli from Loma.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    i was in moab last thurs and fri and the la sals were getting snow (it even snowed in moab on thurs). with the rain and snow of the last few days i think trail conditions will not be optimal.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Rode Kokopelli down yesterday (that is the "whole enchilada" route from the La Sal loop road down to the river, including Kokopelli, UPS, LPS, and of course Porc). Awesome! Hazard should be soon!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

mtbr platinum member
    I don't know that Hazard will be open "soon". I also rode Koko/UPS/LPS/Porc on Friday and the very bottom of Hazard had a big snow drift about 20 yards up from the road. I think it will still be a muddy mess for a few more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado
    Rode Kokopelli down yesterday (that is the "whole enchilada" route from the La Sal loop road down to the river, including Kokopelli, UPS, LPS, and of course Porc). Awesome! Hazard should be soon!
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I rode Koko down Monday. Shuttle driver asked everyone not to ride any higher for a few more weeks. Deep nasty mud up higher that will wreck your bike and the trail if you ride it now.

beater
    Thanks for the beta. Headed there next week. Good to know that we can get that high, at least.

Members who have read this thread: 0