know of any dirtjumps in provo, orem area?- Mtbr.com

Sep 2004

know of any dirtjumps in provo, orem area?

i cant find any dirtjumps and geting board of rideing trails do you guys know of any in the provo orem area

mtbr member

crazy dirt jumps

If you come a few miles north you can find some sick jumps and gaps at the top of the city creek trail (bonneville shoreline, the trail to the right/east of the road). You can ride uphill to get to it or park near the church that leads to the jumps.

Check it out, but ride at a level your comfortable with. I nearly broke my neck...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

jumps

rumor has it that park city built an official "city bike park." i have been meaning to check it out- the pics on pinkbike.com look pretty rad.

Sep 2004

help

thanks
    but do you know the adress of the church or what the church is close by and north from what point thanks

ride more.
    Nov 2004

dirt jumps

park city dirt jumps are nice. They have varying lines for all abilities. Best way to get there is to go through Heber, exit towards PC/Deer Valley, pass the Maverick gas station on the left, and then turn right at the light after the light at the gas station. Make your way down the road towards the PC outlet shops. After the Radisson hotel, take a right at the light (immediately after the Radisson on right side of road). After turning right, keep your eyes peeled for a small dirt road through a gate on the right side of the road (prolly less than 150 yards after you turn right). Follow the dirt road around and you will see the djs. PM me if you ever want to go.

I street djs are the ones above the capital that were mentioned previously. Easiest way to get there - Go east on N. Temple. Turn N on I Street. Follow it all the way up the hill until it comes to a V. Stay left. The road then continues winding through the neighborhood around a sharp turn to the right. A church is on the left. After the church, turn left and park in the gravel parking lot. Ride around the water tanks and se the djs.

Dont litter up there, dont modify the jumps, and dont ride when wet. Keep the jumps open.

doc

Feb 2005
    i would probably bail on the park city dirt park! they blow! the jumps are not built right and not kept up at all. depending on what you like, the drive all the way up there is just not worth it. i would definitely recommend I-street though.

mtbr member
    The jumps that is being talked about on city creek is called I-street. To get there you need to just use I-street in the Avenues. Take it to the top and follow it. There are a couple of turns but keep following. Pass the church and on the left there is a parking lot. Use that to park and have fun.

I-street is a DJ park that has been devloped for Mtn bikes. When I was last there some BMXer's made some mods. They tombstoned the jumps more for their liking. It has a few drops. Some times it can get crowded. Over all it is really good to hone your skills and work on the stuff that you want to.

Wyrm
    Bikeless Rider

DOH!
    Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux
    Dont litter up there, dont modify the jumps, and dont ride when wet. Keep the jumps open.

doc
    Amen to that! Last year I had a blast at I St. This year, someone(s) made substantial mods to established rhythm sections, as well as dug the crap out of other established lines (specifically the step-up in the ravine). What was once fun and challenging was transformed into something high-consequence, not-so-fun, and perhaps dangerous.

I have no problem whatsoever with people wanting to build more difficult lines, but for crap's sake leave the established stuff ALONE (except for maintenance). There are old farts out there like myself that really enjoyed the slightly lesser lines. Also, build stuff big and stupid enough in place of things that once were good for beginners/intermediates, and someone is eventually going to get mangled, cry to mommy and daddy, who will then complain to the city, who will then bulldoze the entire area.

I haven't been up there in a while (since late spring), so I'm not sure if things have changed again. For my body's sake I thought I better bring the DH bike rather than the hardtail but, alas, the DH rig is still in drydock for repairs....

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    yeah the rhythms on the right were completely messed up... but I think someone started to fix them about a month ago... I haven't been there since I moved...you might want to check it out.