Kamas riding for a beginner?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Kamas riding for a beginner?

Hey MTB'ers I was wondering if you guys had any ideas for some excellent single track in the Kamas area. I want to take my dad out riding... since he is getting way more into mtbing... and i thought there may be some excellent trails up that way...

any info would be awesome.

- ryan

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Ryan,

There isn't a ton of beginner singletrack in the Kamas area, most of it is advanced. But, do check out the Beaver Creek Trail up Mirror Lake Highway. It starts as doubletrack, but as you ride it turns into singletrack and you can link that with the Pine Valley trail which is singletrack. Not super long, but nice.

There are some other options as well. Feel free to stop in the shop to chat about them or PM me.

Have fun!

mtbr member
    Thanks, i rode Beaver Creek with my dad.. and we ended up riding the Cedar loop... which was fast for sure... then we rode Shingle Creek Trail.. which was a lot of fun.. I had my big bike (yeti asx) so riding the techy sections on Shingle Creek was fast and fun... excellent trail to ride.. and to hike!

mtbr member
    I wish i would have explored more of the trails in the area while i grew up in the Kamas Valley. what other trails are great ?

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Playdeep
    I wish i would have explored more of the trails in the area while i grew up in the Kamas Valley. what other trails are great ?
    I just started riding out that way this year, trying to get a little further away from the SLC crowds. Did a really fun loop going up Bench Creek and down what I think were called Camp Trail and Little South Fork, fun loop with great scenery and a bunch of water crossings(one wading accross). Last weekend did Shingle Creek up to the lake and back. Plenty of hike a bike up but still a ton of fun and the decent back was great. Not sure why all the guidebooks say to stop at the first narrow bridge. The hike a bike afterwards isn't bad and only takes 5-10 minutes and the singletrack above that is spectacular. Might go exploring for more this weekend, anyone have any suggestions for other good trails in the area?
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Catch

If you like Shingle Creek and Bench Creek to Little South Fork, you would probably like some of the other Uinta rides. Most are not mapped and hard to follow, but if you like the adventurous style and dont mind riding uphill we could show you a few others out there. PM me or stop in the shop. I ride Saturday afternoons and Sundays (and most evenings).

Members who have read this thread: 0