Kamas Oakley riding- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Kamas Oakley riding

I am taking a trip up to the Kamas area this weekend. I am going to bring my road bike, and ride the mirror lake highway. My question is should I bring my Mtn Bike as well? If I do bring it where will I ride it, any good trails in that area? An input will be appreciated

mtbr member

Don't know about trails but.....

I don't know what portions of the highway you plan on riding, but be advised that as soon as you get to the Wyoming/Utah border there's major road construction of and on all the way to Evanston. I went to Evanston Sat. with my girlfriend with the intention of riding all the way from Evanston to Kamas, but with the road construction, I had to drive thru to the state line and start from there. Sure was nice having a support vehicle and an understanding girlfriend. Have fun and bring a wind breaker. It was 52 deg. up on the top.

Brass Nipples!

Wolverine Trail

is an ATV trail that is a decent MTB ride. The Wolverine Trail starts part way up the road to the Stillwater campground. You can get info at the Bear River RS nearby. There are some burnt out areas from the scout camp fire, but overall the scenery and ride quality are pretty good. This trail will be used for the Intermountain Cup final race August 14th.

There has been very little ATV traffic when I've ridden this trail.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Uintah's

I must be a little late with the 411 but the Little South Fork trail highlighted in the trail book Prime-Cuts is incredible. It starts a few miles East of Woodland, awesome 6 mile doubletrack 1,500 climb to a high alpine meadow full of wildflowers, then 12 miles narly rolling downhill singletrack, about 12 creek crossings, 5 of the 6 in our party went over the bars, one poor soul twice. You must have the book or someone who has ridden there a lot with you or you will get lost and then people will think your a boy scout or something. It was kind of very cool riding when you don't have to pass gazillion riders, the trail is overgrown, and there aren't any bridges, takes one back. Ya know, when I was a kid.......