The Joyride - May 28th in Logan- Mtbr.com
    Who's that guy?

The Joyride - May 28th in Logan

Anyone coming up to Logan for The Joyride race on Saturday?

The trail is in GREAT shape and it should be a blast. Weather looks like it should be good too. Maybe even a little too hot. Not like last years snowstorm.

I am racing in beginner this year so everyone else that is entered is assured to not finish last.

(65 miles north of Salt Lake City, between Brigham City and Logan at the Sherwood Hills resort)

http://www.intermountaincup.com/2004race/joyride.htm
    Last edited by Darkan; 05-24-2005 at 09:54 PM.

Slow and steady gets you...7th place.

"Hey! Where is everybody going??"

mtbr member
    I was thinking of doing it this year, beginner also. I did one last year, 5 Mile Pass. If I am going to do one, this would be it (closest)!

Isisrider

Joyride!!

Yes I will be there in the over 40 beginner class. There were supposed to be four of us going to this race, but all the others bailed out. It will be fun in a sick sort of way.

c/ya there.
    Isisrider

Who's that guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon-UT
    I was thinking of doing it this year, beginner also. I did one last year, 5 Mile Pass. If I am going to do one, this would be it (closest)!
    You should give it a shot. Cheap fun and it's close to home. What else ya gonna do on a Saturday? A lot of the other trails around here are trashed from the run-off. And seriously...you won't be last.

I have ridden the trail a couple of times already and it really is a nice course. Lots of tights turns, lots of long straights, lots of double track areas for passing and WAAAAY too much climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    Yes I will be there in the over 40 beginner class.
    Cool, I am in the 30-39 beginner group. Only 2 more years and I will be the youngest guy in the 40+ group instead of the oldest guy in the 30-39 group.

I'll be the guy on the 40 pound Specialized Enduro with a blown Rock Shox fork.

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkan
    You should give it a shot. Cheap fun and it's close to home. What else ya gonna do on a Saturday? A lot of the other trails around here are trashed from the run-off. And seriously...you won't be last.

I have ridden the trail a couple of times already and it really is a nice course. Lots of tights turns, lots of long straights, lots of double track areas for passing and WAAAAY too much climbing.

Cool, I am in the 30-39 beginner group. Only 2 more years and I will be the youngest guy in the 40+ group instead of the oldest guy in the 30-39 group.

I'll be the guy on the 40 pound Specialized Enduro with a blown Rock Shox fork.
    Take care, young padawan. A path to the weight weenie side this racing is. A lighter bike you may be seeking if continues this racing does.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Bob the Wheelbuilder; 05-26-2005 at 07:57 AM. Reason: !
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkan

$30 isn't exactly cheap. I also spent all of May's income and then some so far. Cheap would be waiting until the race was over and riding it for free by myself! But yeah, our options for biking at this point in the season are few. We'll see! Darkan I didn't know you were approaching 40!

I rode it once last year for fun, and fun it was. I'm very nervous about passing people when there's no double track in sight. That's my main stitch about racing.
    Last edited by Shannon-UT; 05-26-2005 at 09:53 AM.

DOH!
    $30 isn't exactly cheap.
    Don't even think about converting to the dark side and racing DH locally, then. $50+ a pop for one, maybe two runs. Ack!

All my racing money this year goes into the Whistler piggy bank, for a week-long, (almost) more-fun-than-sex trip to gravity paradise.

...And being an X-XC guy, if you decide to do the Joyride, you should enjoy it a LOT more than 5-Mile. Long term memory recalls it as being a very fun race. And elbows were specifically designed for passing on tight singletrack!

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Well Good Luck to all you folks racing tomorrow! Tomorrow looks like a great day!

I am not racing. It doesn't seem fair or right that I aksed my H not to buy the $30 weed and feed, when I'd be charging $30 for the race fee myself. So it wasn't meant to be this month.

Who's that guy?
    Well Good Luck to all you folks racing tomorrow! Tomorrow looks like a great day!

I am not racing. It doesn't seem fair or right that I aksed my H not to buy the $30 weed and feed, when I'd be charging $30 for the race fee myself. So it wasn't meant to be this month.
    It should be fun, but you are right, 30 bucks isn't really that cheap for around an hour on a trail. Since it's the only race I will be doing, I figured I would splurge. (Being single helps too. No one to hound me about the cost. )

I will say this...if you don't like bugs, this is NOT the race to do. I have NEVER seen so many bugs on a trail in my life (or swallowed as many). Thankfully most of them aren't mosquitoes.

Shannon, have you been on Jardine Juniper yet? I am scared to go check it out in case its totally washed away. Willow was crap. Rick's looked not too bad.

mtbr member
    Those dang inch worms too! That is my least favorite part about spring. There's no use dodging them either.

My husband hiked JJ last week. He said it was terribly rutted out and also foot deep pock marks from horse hooves. He may be exaggerating on a foot deep, but in general he said it looked bad.

So you did Rick's? Slim pickings this year, huh? Riding the river trail at 5:30 tonight if you're interested.