Jackson WY DH- Mtbr.com

Thread: Jackson WY DH

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Jackson WY DH

I kinda don't even want to tell anybody about the DH trails, they're so rad... but they aren't secret, so here goes!

There was a thread posted about a month ago talking about the Teton Freedom Riders and the trails they have built off of Teton Pass. Err, Mrs. Err, Chuky and I went up there this weekend to check it out.

It's nuts how fun the trails are. Extremely well built, tons of great lines for beginners to experts, loads of flow. Probably half the jumps on Jimmy's Mom and Parallel Trail are tabletops, and a lot of the drops have varying height lines to perfect transitions. If you're up for it, there are some big hero lines as well, with doubles over gaps waaaaaay bigger than I plan on hitting soon.

For mostly natural terrain, Lithium is one of the best trails I have ridden. It's got steeps, rocks, exposure, super-tight switchbacks and a granite rock playground area that has to be seen to be believed. All of this drops down into a sweet bermed jump line with a fun hip/table that even the non-jumpers enjoyed.

The shuttles are short and easy, there is a great Mexican spot about 1 mile from the lower trailhead. It's worth the drive, especially now before fall sets in. We got a lot of rain, but the trails hold up pretty well.

Thanks to the locals, too. The guys that we talked to were super-friendly and are obviously stoked on what they have built so far. Sounds like there is more to come, so we will be heading back frequently. Maybe stop by the Teton Gravity Research forums and check out this thread: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=89535

JMH
    Last edited by JMH; 08-20-2007 at 04:08 PM.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Wicked killer weekend for sure. The trails in Jackson are going off. Again, big thanks to the friendly locals for their hard work.

Hardly pulled the still cam out at all. Have some vid I'm working on now.

Caught this guy staring us down:

Upper meadows before dropping in on Lithium:

Err
    Calm like a bomb

mtbr member

oh he11 ya!

Nice riding! The vid is very cool and the trails look incredible. Thanks for letting me know where my next riding trip will be!

Looks like you guys were smoking it as well....

Fartographer
    Good stuff! I was just up there on a photo trip. I flew in and flew out, so no chance for riding. But I've been hearing good things. Seeing the video makes it a little more real. I'd like to make it up there before the end of the season.
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProf
    Nice riding! The vid is very cool and the trails look incredible. Thanks for letting me know where my next riding trip will be!

Looks like you guys were smoking it as well....
    Welcome back dude!

We need to get this vid to Bob. These are all fully legit trails, would be killer to do some of this sort of stuff up in Bob's Basin.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Err
    Welcome back dude!

We need to get this vid to Bob. These are all fully legit trails, would be killer to do some of this sort of stuff up in Bob's Basin.
    Thanks dude, will be calling you shortly! The trip was killer.....

mtbr member

Caught this guy staring us down:

YARG! Where's that guy with the American Pit Bull when you need him?

-- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

mtbr member
    Vid is up:
    No doubt, those are some sweet trails! Good riding!

-- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick

YARG! Where's that guy with the American Pit Bull when you need him?

Funny but we had stopped at a trail junction while climbing up Lithium. Everyone else was padding up and I took a stroll up the trail alone to see what was ahead. All of the sudden I noticed a big bull on my right about 30' away and two more on my left about 20' away. Finding yourself standing in the middle of three big bulls is not a settling feeling. I took that shot from about 25'. We had a bunch of trees between us or I would just hauled arse.

ride more.
    Nov 2004
    I am getting up there soon. I need a new fork on my bike, then its on...

Steve -

You in. I need a chaperone to make sure I dont jack my arm again.

doc

mtbr member

next weekend

yo dr robo, we are thinking about heading up there next weekend.. you think you could make that work? by the way what is up with wafta? when are we going to get some "approved" trails like this down here...
    im ready to start building again..

biking is fun
    me and my dad are thinking about heading up sept 7 through the 10. anyone interested? we need people to shuttle with.

Members who have read this thread: 0