• 01-23-2009
    wasea04
    It's raining.....STAY OFF THE TRAILS!
    Ok, let's not repeat what happened when it snowed......if we can manage this rain we'll be able to erase the previous damage:thumbsup: Oh and I'm definitely beating a dead horse:D Hey you can actually use the wet ground to do a little trail work!
  • 01-24-2009
    Yellow Jacket
    I was thinking the same thing when I got up this morning. We had planned a ride on Church Rocks/Prospector but canceled. I hope that others will cancel their riding plans for this week.

Please, if you are driving down from Salt Lake area, let the trails dry out before you ride them. Thanks! :)
  • 01-24-2009
    shelbster15
    I just drove down bluff and saw a handful of guys leaving some of the hotels on south bluff on their bikes with backpacks and rain gear on, I guess nothing is gunna stop them. Total bummer, the trails were drying out. Ive been riding everyday this week until this.
  • 01-24-2009
    breckseth
    get em'
    Are we talkin Moab area? If so, despite jackasses who like to rip ruts, at least the rain melts snow! If things dry out, will Moab be lookin ride-able in a week or so? I'm gettin buggy up here in the hills of CO!:madman:
  • 01-24-2009
    Yellow Jacket
    Great - if you saw them riding down Bluff that means they were heading to Bearclaw, Stucki Springs, Micro Loop or the Raceway.

What a mess. Lets hope they turn around when they see the trail conditions.
  • 01-24-2009
    wasea04
    I got some mixed news...........the good news first, we just built a 25' stepdown on the mustache trail (adjacent to barrels, it's our team sanchez freeride bit) also the barrels seems to be shedding water pretty well, the bad news, while we were doing some repair to our 10' drop twenty or so (no exaggeration) xc guys came up the trail riding the barrels backwards. They were out of towners, some from CO WA and CA I was pretty pissed to say the least....but to refer back to the intial good news, the trail seemed to be ok, the same group also did the racecourse and zen and I don't know how they are, zen should be fine, the race course I don't know.
  • 01-24-2009
    can't get right
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wasea04
    I got some mixed news...........the good news first, we just built a 25' stepdown on the mustache trail (adjacent to barrels, it's our team sanchez freeride bit) also the barrels seems to be shedding water pretty well, the bad news, while we were doing some repair to our 10' drop twenty or so (no exaggeration) xc guys came up the trail riding the barrels backwards. They were out of towners, some from CO WA and CA I was pretty pissed to say the least....but to refer back to the intial good news, the trail seemed to be ok, the same group also did the racecourse and zen and I don't know how they are, zen should be fine, the race course I don't know.

I will rest easy knowing that our trails are in your capable hands.

PS the single speed is built, looking forward to kickin your a$$ in only one gear.:thumbsup:
  • 01-24-2009
    wasea04
    great.........nothing worse than you on a single speed up a hill, you'll have no choice but to crush me as you can now rationalize "it's the "easiest," gear I've got." :)
  • 01-25-2009
    drain bamage
    How is bonneville shoreline right now? Is there any snow on it? (the wasatch blvd part)
  • 01-25-2009
    OilcanRacer
    snowing on millcreek(see blog pics, just rode it), so my guess is that bst is snowing as well
  • 01-27-2009
    LyndaW
    Quote:

We were not all guys, we were not all out of towners, we only rode the trails that were in rideable condition and we were not riding that trail backwards either. Who says that is backwards - I don't see any direction arrows on the trail. We rode it both ways. It is fun both ways. We rode Zen both ways too.
  • 01-27-2009
    hairball_dh
    Quote:

Dude, I can't believe you drove your truck up there on a rainy day to do illegal "trail work". How on earth did you get your truck up that trail anyway? Man was I pissed but I just kept on trucking with my 19 friends.

Trails were great, BTW. Hero dirt.
  • 01-27-2009
    wasea04
    As I said in my post the trail seemed fine, and specify illegal versus legal trail work? Is any of the barrels official trail? Is any of the Zen? and Racecourse? In addition to building our off the main line stunts we maintain the trail. And yes, I am super sensitive to this issue and vent quite a bit, everyone I met from your group was friendly, yet I was still upset over the last moisture and subsequent destruction, so when I saw twenty of you cruising up the trail it awoke the old wounds. BTW when you can make all the climbs on the barrels in the direction y'all were riding then you can claim there's no preferred route or in layman's terms; a forwards and backwards......not that it matters at all. I apologize for generalizing your group into the ranks of irresponsible trail destroyers.

Of course I know you weren't all guys......it's a terminology that in the context I used it denotes a group.
  • 01-27-2009
    can't get right
    Quote:

Of course I know you weren't all guys......it's a terminology that in the context I used it denotes a group.

Maybe they were chicks that looked like dudes? Good recovery either way.:thumbsup:
  • 01-28-2009
    LyndaW
    Quote:

As I said in my post the trail seemed fine, and specify illegal versus legal trail work? Is any of the barrels official trail? Is any of the Zen? and Racecourse? In addition to building our off the main line stunts we maintain the trail. And yes, I am super sensitive to this issue and vent quite a bit, everyone I met from your group was friendly, yet I was still upset over the last moisture and subsequent destruction, so when I saw twenty of you cruising up the trail it awoke the old wounds. BTW when you can make all the climbs on the barrels in the direction y'all were riding then you can claim there's no preferred route or in layman's terms; a forwards and backwards......not that it matters at all. I apologize for generalizing your group into the ranks of irresponsible trail destroyers.

Well I walk about the same both directions...;)

But seriously we all care about the trails around here and I appreciate the energy you guys (and maybe gals??) put into them and passion you have for them. We cut our ride in half that day and the prior day and specifically didn't route any of it in the first place on Stucki and Bearclaw to protect the trail. The only muck we rode through on Saturday was the same crap you had to drive through at the bottom of the valley which has been mowed by bulldozers. The trails we stuck to were fine.

See ya out there. I'll be the chick riding uphill and around those jumps you guys have made.
  • 01-28-2009
    wasea04
    I'm glad we're cool, yeah, see you around!
  • 01-28-2009
    mtroy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shelbster15
    I just drove down bluff and saw a handful of guys leaving some of the hotels on south bluff on their bikes with backpacks and rain gear on, I guess nothing is gunna stop them. Total bummer, the trails were drying out. Ive been riding everyday this week until this.

I bet I was one of those guys on Bluff St. We did not ride anything that was marred by our passing.
  • 01-29-2009
    wasea04
    the deed is done........
    PS the single speed is built, looking forward to kickin your a$$ in only one gear.:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

My tail was kicked by CGR this morning with one gear, I hope you're happy with yourself:p