mtbr member

ISO riding partner(s) for St George next month

So, I've planned out a trip to St George for early next month but none of my usual riding buddies can make it. They've backed out one by one for various other commitments, etc.

So, anyone there want to meet up? I'll have the 7th and 8th open all day for riding (I was thinking about riding the full 24 mile Hurricane Rim loop one day), and will have time for a quick ride the morning of the 9th before I head home.

As far as skill level, I've ridden stuff like Lower Porcupine in Moab and Barrel Roll/Sidewinder this year so some tech and exposure is fine. Flying Monkey would be a Nope, though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I’m not going to be out there that weekend but was going to suggest you ride anything but the Hurricane Rim Trail. It’s just my opinion but that’s probably the most boring ride out there. Ride anything else for more fun, scenery, excitement, challenge or whatever.
    2019 Yeti SB5C
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer

mtbr member
    You know, you have a point there. I had originally planned that for a couple of my buddies that are fit, but lacking the skill base for stuff like Gooseberry or Sidewinder. I did enjoy the Jem drops, though. But since they're not coming, I think I'll reevaluate that.

Your Best Friend
    Just saw this and so I'm chiming in. We had a lot of moisture last weekend and are now in the midst of a freeze/thaw cycle. Trails in the Hurricane Rim area are the most affected by this. As of now, they are not rideable. Maybe by the weekend. Maybe.

Follow Southern Utah Mountain Bike Trail Reports on Facebook for up to date info.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

mtbr member
    Will do, thank you very much.

I should get in early enough that I can stop by one of the bike shops for ideas, too. Sounds like my idea to ride Hurricane Rim may change.

mtbr member
    OTE shop ride tomorrow at 10:00. They said they’d determine where they’ll be going based on what’s available/rideable or able to get to. Probably one of the mesas according to their FB page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    I think I'll ride Zen tomorrow morning, and something else after lunch depending on how strong I'm feeling. Maybe Barrel Ride or something around there? We'll see. Appreciate the heads up though.

I rode Sidewinder and Barrel Roll today, and felt pretty froggy so I went back out and rode Sidewinder and Precipice after a snack break. Great conditions there today!
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    OTE shop ride tomorrow at 10:00. They said they’d determine where they’ll be going based on what’s available/rideable or able to get to. Probably one of the mesas according to their FB page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk