I'm around zion for 2 hours, i want to ride.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

I'm around zion for 2 hours, i want to ride.

I basically have to tag up in hurricane utah from las vegas. I have about 2 extra hours that i'd like to spend in utah (after i return my rental car i have time to waste in vegas). So what i'd like to do is rent a bike ride an ultra classic trail, and then get in my nice AC and drive back.

I've never planned a trip like this so i dont know the logistics.

Here are my concerns:
    -Is 2 hours long enough to rent a bike, get to the trail, ride, get back return the bike, and be back in the car?
    -Where to I rent a bike?
    -I arrive in hurricain at about 10:30am and i will have to leave by 3, so where do i ride that isnt 1000000000000 degrees?
    -I'm pretty good at figuring out trails, but is there a classic trail that's super easy to follow, but still rewarding (i'm not looking for a fire road or super easy, mellow single track)

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hurricane

1. No if you want to ride any trail in its entirity. yes if you will be happy with a 30 min ride.
    2. Over the Edge Sports. They will rent you a bike and point you in the right direction for a trail.
    3. You are not going to be able to escape the heat at that time of day. The closest temperate rides are in brainhead. 1.5 hours away. The hurricane rim/ Goulds / JEM trail system are all pretty close to Hurricane and worth riding. I think you will need at least an hour to do a lap on the Jem and 30 min to drive there and back.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

NOT Team Sanchez
    Go to Zion cycles, rent a bike, then ride slickrock swamp which is five minutes away and takes about 1.5 hours to ride. This is the densest cluster of what you need that's closest to Zion to boot.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

???

Are you going to Zion or Hurricane??
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Members who have read this thread: 0