illegal trails in along the wasatch front, Essay help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

illegal trails in along the wasatch front, Essay help

i am writing an essay about the effect of illegal trails along the wasatch front. i am wondering if anyone knows of any studys which have been done that address erosion, water contamination, or wildlife disruption. anything will help however i am lookin specifically for true studies which have been peer reviewed.

thanks

...a wiggle theres a way
    i am pretty sure that most people here have not done an ecological impact study, I would strongly suggest that you look at the army corp of engineers http://www.usace.army.mil/Pages/default.aspx
    and also utilize some peer reviewed search engines to get papers on the topic
    i used this one exclusively back in the day for all my undergrad papers
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed

you will also probably be a little more hard pressed to see specific studies on mountain biking, most of them *assumption on my part* will be ATV, JEEP, off road studies.

A great local example would be the legacy parkway since it cut thru water ways (disrupting ecological harmony) and was reviewed delayed and overturned in the last 15years

joe

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    thanks i would agree on pubmed i have have been using it for a while it is a really great resource. didn't really think about the army corps of engineers, good idea

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I'm curious....have you posted this question on hiking and equestrian forums as well? Or is your essay specific to mountain biking?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    there are alot of studies which examine the effect of well planned (sanctioned) trails for all recreational purposes however i am trying to discuss the effect of pirate trails, and illegal branches of established trails

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hi,
    Nice and interesting topic. You can find enough of material on this topic, all you need is to give some time. Try Google search. You can also take help from some online essay writing services in this regards as these essay writing services are a big help for students like us. I and my friends often take help from them and this is the only reason I got good marks. Best of luck.

Clair (dissertationprovider.co.uk)

Ride and Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by ggardner90
    i am writing an essay about the effect of illegal trails along the wasatch front. i am wondering if anyone knows of any studys which have been done that address erosion, water contamination, or wildlife disruption. anything will help however i am lookin specifically for true studies which have been peer reviewed.

thanks
    Why?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ggardner90

thanks
    You'll have a hard time finding studies specifically on the Wasatch/in Utah, since land use issues here are not as big an issue as elsewhere in the country. Lots have been done in the Bay Area...
    It's just frustrating sometimes being an Athena...

Your Best Friend
    Dude. Four. Years. Ago.
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

Members who have read this thread: 0