Illegal Trail Building- Mtbr.com
    MTBR member
    Jan 2007

Illegal Trail Building

Somebody is building an illegal trail adjacent to a section of my local trail. It looks like sh$t. There are giant pits left from dirt removal, and the terrain is all scarred. It's one thing to build an illegal trail in an out of the way area that sees little daily traffic, but the trail next to it, is used every day. There has been issues with illegal trail building in this area before, and I would hate to see my local trail closed to mountain bikers. Thoughts?

Glad to Be Alive
    wait them out and explain to them
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

wolf mtn ***** whore
    May 2008
    where in utah is this happening?

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie
    I would hate to see my local trail closed to mountain bikers. Thoughts?
    Knotify your local Ranger station about the illegal trail or face the consequences of trail closures later.
    "As a true patriotic American, I blindly follow what my elected leaders tell me." - Jack English

Grizzly
    Where at?
    GrizzlyAdam.net
    Read my book
    Follow me on Twitter

"The only thing better than solitude, is society."

~Ed Abbey

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Ogden BST

wolf mtn ***** whore
    May 2008
    let me guess the trail above weber state- if this the area the forest service already knows about it

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I've seen it too.... the connector trail from strongs/bues junction down to the parking lot.... doesn't look very professional at all.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I've seen a mini track hoe up there tearing the crap out of the mountainside, south of Taylor, but north of the rocky point, just below the big climb. I'm not sure if this is what you mean.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    There are several construction projects on the Ogden BST; I'm not sure what any of them entail. The city has filled in the old reservoir on the lower trail by the water tank (I think this is the area you are refering to). Also, there has been some heavy equipment clearing an area above 29th ST on Peterson's property. The area that I am refering to is on WSU property. When you drop down from the old wagon trail (between Beus and the residential area) to the lower trails above WSU, you will see a bunch of jumps to the left and right of the trail. Check it out. I'd be interested to hear some other opinions of what has been constructed.

Jun 2008
    I don't know, jumps are pretty cool. They make the trail more fun. How about posting some pics.

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    The only stuff I know of over there is a VERY old dh type trail that's uber beat up and washed out. Has someone been on there working on it in the past 2 weeks?

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Yes it has been worked in the last couple weeks. It may be old, but it is still widely used. It is only one of two ways to drop down from the upper to the lower trails. You can go down Beus, but you miss out on a large portion of trail. I rode it this morning and took some pics. I'll post them as soon as I have time.

Colorado
    Mueller Park has a sick DH side trail... is that still there?

It was a little mini cut-off with some features...?

over researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Drop the Seat
    Mueller Park has a sick DH side trail... is that still there?

It was a little mini cut-off with some features...?
    You sound like a great benefit to the MTB community. Keep up the great work.

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sessions22
    the connector trail from strongs/bues junction down to the parking lot.
    That trail has been there for years. Early this spring it was so eroded and beat down it was barely rideable. Whoever has been out there has done nothing but improve it. It's the original creator's that need to be beaten. They did a horrid job on a great section of trail. Best dh on the BST.

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    I just rode that section again today and hot damn is it fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0