I street project pics- Mtbr.com
    biking is fun

I street project pics

ok here are some pictures of us hitting the new line i have been talking about, its pretty fun, just hit the double and don't touch the brake and it will set you up perfect for the ladder
    Attached Images Attached Images

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Schaweet! Can't wait to hit it.

mtbr member
    Nice!

That ladder's BIG! You're up pretty high. High enough to get a good rush, I'm sure.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

biking is fun
    thanks
    its big but easier then it looks, it has a really smooth landing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Man that looks really smooth indeed!!! Thanks for all the hard work up there. I am sorry I was not able to make it up to help with the build for the landing or anything. I am planning on making it up this Saturday to try it out.

That gap really reminds me of some of the stunts and gaps on the secret Freeride trail down in Utah County for those of you who know what I am talking about!!! I am seriously pissed that the forest service took all those features out two weeks ago. If any of you are up on that trail and are looking for the ramps, etc. I was able to hide three of them to the riders left of the trail prior to the forest service's crews ripping them appart. I covered them up under overgrowth and put grass over the tops of them as they were laid upside down. They are generally at the same part of the trail where they were originally located but just 30-40 feet off to the riders left in the woods. Just FYI.

biking is fun
    thanks man, it is pretty fun, it could have been a few feet back cause you land in the middle of the transition but it works

yeah that sucks about the trail in utah county, i was going to ride it with someone from that area but he broke his colar bone on the first bridge drop. a week or two later they started giving out tickets. oh well

mtbr member
    I went up and hit the ladder last night. I thought it was perfect, good flow, works well into the turn....fun as he-yell! Thanks for the hard work.

Aug 2006
    what? no backflip?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Ya so I went up and hit the sweetest, longest line at I-Street on Saturday. For those of you that know the place well picture this.

You start at the very top by the water tank, bomb down the trail and hit the bigger double that is on the right flow line, followed by three consecutive doubles, burm left and peddle up the start hill to the left side of the big burm that is on top, carry your speed through the berm and then where the old latter drop was, we set up the teeter at the top, power through the teeter, and down the hill and hit the double right at the bottom of the hill. After the double, continue on to the new line where you have to cut the corner short on a left hand turn, then onto the new little double to the bridge gap, burm then burm to 2nd latter, to 3rd latter, tight through the trees to the smaller four doubles to end.

This is seriously is one of the smoothest lines ever as you have a lot of variety and have to change your speed all the time. I counted it and you get 10 doubles, multiple burms, 3-latter drops, and 1-teter, all in one consecutive line.

By the way, I made sure and put the teeter off to the side of the line on its side so no one would come a try to tear it down after I was finished with it, but it is still located at the top of the hill just to the left of where we set it up to hit it.

Great line, great day!!!

Have any of you linked all of these together yet? It's about a 9 out of 10 in my book.

biking is fun
    y town, i want to see some pictures of you hitting the big double on the right. i never seen anyone hit that thing. we need some proof

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I suppose I should have clarified better, I did not hit the huge double that is far right, rather I am talking about the large double that is further north past that one and has more of a vert lip on it (more BMX style). When you land you turn slightly right to continue into the rest of the doubbles. Do you follow? I said right in my post to indicate that it is the right flow line, rather than the smaller left flow line that goes into the drop and step up.

I did think about hitting that huge double on Saturday, and I think it is very doable now that the lip has been reshaped (it now looks like it throws you more out, rather than up like it used to); however, the rest of that line still needs some work, and with the type of speed you will need to clear the first double, there is not much room to turn out as the rest of the line is not complete yet.

I would be down for reshapping the rest of the line with someone so that we can hit it, it looks really fun. Let me know if there is anyone that is interested in making it work.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Bubba,

Also, I wanted to ask you if you have thought about moving your bridge gap back about 6 feet or so? Don't get me wrong, you guys did an awsome job with the construction of the bridge and the landing, I love it!! But I really only landed on the landing once or twice all day as I continually overshot it and kept landing right at the bottom of the burm. I was taking a look at it, and scooting it back might make it interesting with the double right before, but I am sure we could make it work somehow.

I did not want to touch anything as I respect your work, and don't want to mess it up if everyone else likes it as is. Although I do like going big myself, I realize that there are others that really like medium sized stuff, and don't want to ruin it for anyone else.

biking is fun
    after we got it set up we had wished we had it back a little more but not 6 feet. we are landing halfway down the landing but my friend who is just learning came into it wobbly and barely cleared. if it was back any further he would have cased hard. two feet back would be ok but probably not worth the effort. there is plenty of really big stuff right now there. we kind of wanted an intermediate line.
    besides if you clear the double above it just right and dont touch your brakes you should be landing halfway down the transition. you must be going fast and pulling up pretty hard to clear it by that much. an option would be to just build another bridge right next to it that is bigger and widen the landing. that would give people two options.
    a few people i have taken up were too scared to hit our ladder as it is so we would appreciate it if people left it alone. everyone who i ride with (including myself) can't even hit any of the double lines at the top.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Bubba,

That is cool man, I can totaly respect that! Your gap is sweet anyways, and I'll just have to slow down more when I hit it. Again thanks for all the hard work, it really is a fun line and flows really smooth.

Your idea about a second brige further back is a great one. I did not even think about that!! Question for you, how much money were you into that wood for building that bridge? It looks like you guys did not cut any corners and really used some good strong beefy stuff to build that? I am now trying to debate if it is worth the time and money to make a second one, but I really like your bridge's construciton, more so than any others I have rode.

One more question, have you or anyone else (Err?) seen that new line that is on the left side of the park more by the Church with that new very large double? I was curious who is building that, and if anyone has hit it yet? Looks very big, but doable, and I would like to ride with someone that is hitting it (Monkey see Monkey do). It always helps to see someone hit it first to judge speed.

biking is fun
    with half of it free scraps it still cost us 55 bucks. a little pricy. if you decide to build then i would be down to help. me and my friend did the entire thing ourselves and i know how that sucks. especially when you carry it down into the gully. we pre made everything and then hauled it down and pounded the legs in when we got there.
    also the big line by the church is big!! it has been there for as long as i have been riding i street (3 months) so i don't know how new it is and i have never seen anyone hit it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Y-Town, the right-ish more bmx style double you are talking about is generally known as 'Style'. The smaller main line that takes you into the berm & gully is 'lefty 1', 'lefty 2', etc. Your super line sounds awesome! I've hit Style a few times but never the doubles after it to the right. It'd probably be also be cool to take the hip, then the first lefty, and then, instead of going into the berm double, there is a step-down/double that goes straight back up to the other start zone; if you nail the tranny you don't have to pedal at all to get back up to the start zone, so you'd even be flowier coming into the teeter.

Hoping to check out your new jumps this weekend, thanks for the great work.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Summit,

Thanks man, it is good to know what the official terms of those kickers are called so I can actually communicate with others about them. I had thought about hitting that same line you just described and I think it would work just as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    After a sesh at Wolf Mountain, we got up to I Street tonight and I finally got a chance to session the gapper. Gotta say - GREAT work bubba! Construction is top notch and the ramp just feels solid as can be. The jump is incredibly smooth, super fun to hit. thanks!

biking is fun
    thats good to hear. my last visit there ended soon cause my friend flopped off of it. he pulled up hard and wheelied the landing and then got flung chest first into the flat. next time it rains we should all plan to go up and do a little digging.
    we have started getting wood together to do a really big wall hit at the top of the berm after the ramp we built. nothing to fancy but something you could carry your speed through.

Jun 2007
    Where is that thing at I want to hit it. Looks like above the avenues if Im looking at the mountains right. I need more gaps in my daily riding.

biking is fun
    its at i street. if you follow i street up and when it turns stay on it as it goes west. it will wind up and back east and then look for hilltop dr. turn left on it and park. or just make your way to 18th ave and find hilltop on it. take the trail northwest. all below the water tower is the dirt jumps. if you want to find our stuff go north til you find the gully the powerlines are running in.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...y=US&geodiff=1

Jun 2007
    I'll have to go try it out some time looks like fun Is it mostly a jumping trail or is there a loop or somthing.

Members who have read this thread: 0